Chapter 2: The Reunion

To all who are going to read this, thank you! Comment on what you like and what you don't! You might have a chance to sway the story line! Remember to Vote!

Chapter 2:

                I woke up as the sun came through the roof of my window. Tomorrow started another year of school at Hogwarts. It would be my third year. That wasn’t what made me nervous. This was the year that my brother, Harry would finally be coming to Hogwarts. I slowly got out of bed. I didn’t have to worry about getting to Hogwarts. I was already here.

                I pulled on a dark green blouse and black skinny jeans. I waved my wand and my curly red hair fell into a perfect braid. I then walked out into mine and my foster mother’s living area. She was sitting at the table, drinking tea while eating a piece of toast.

                “Good morning, dear,” Professor McGonagall said to me. I smiled at her. “Good morning Auntie Minerva!”

                She looked up at me and smiled back. She had been the prim lady who had come to her rescue 10 years ago, and she insisted that I called her Auntie. I had learned that the man named Albus was the Headmaster of Hogwarts, and the large man named Hagrid was the Groundskeeper. He was part giant, which was why he was so big.

                Auntie looked at me with concern. “What’s wrong sweetheart?” she asked.

                I sat down on the couch and looked at her, meeting her level gaze. “It’s about your brother, isn’t it?” she asked. I nodded.

                She came over and sat down on the couch with me, putting her arm around my shoulder. I looked up at her and told her what I had worried about for the first few years of Hogwarts.

                “Does Harry even know who I am?”

                She looked at me, with sadness in her eyes. “No. He didn’t even know he was a wizard until days ago when Hagrid picked him up at your aunt and uncle’s house. Hagrid plans on introducing you later.”

                My eyes were filled with sadness. He didn’t know who I was. “Does he even know what happened that night?” Auntie Minerva shook her head. “I believe Hagrid told him the night he picked him up, but before that he was told that your parents were in a drunk-driving accident.” I nodded slowly.

                Out of nowhere my kitten Astyr jumped up on me, begging to be petted. I stroked her back as she purred.

                “I have some stuff that must be done to prepare for school tomorrow. I will see you later tonight.” I nodded and she walked out of our shared apartment.

                I spent the rest of the day studying potions recipes and rereading most of my textbooks. I was almost top of my year, having come in second last year. This year I was determined to be first.

                Nightfall came quickly and Auntie still wasn’t back yet. I sighed as I closed my book, pulled on my PJ’s, and went to sleep.

*************************************************************************************            

                I awoke in the morning filled with excitement. I hurriedly got dressed in a red tunic top, black skinny jeans, and red and gold flats.

                I was just finishing straightening my hair when Auntie shouted, “Hurry Eli! The port key will leave soon!” I had decided that I wanted to take the train to Hogwarts again this year, so the portkey will take me and my stuff directly to the platform 9¾. I grinned at the thought of seeing my brother for the first time in 10 years. The worry had been replaced by excitement.

                I grabbed my trunk, Astyr, and my owl Loren and headed to the brush that would be my portkey. I gave Auntie Minerva a hug and grabbed the brush and disappeared.

                I saw light again when I arrived at the station. Everywhere I looked there were owls, toads, cats, any pet you could think of. I saw first years and seventh years, and every year in between. 

I attempted to load my trunk into the train, but it was quickly taken out of my hands and put in the cart by two of my best friends in the world.  Fred and George both gave me their lopsided grins, Fred wrapping his arm around my waist and George putting his arm around my neck.

 We got on the train, me keeping an eye out for Harry. We found an empty compartment and sat down in it. We talked about our summers, there’s being much more interesting than mine, when I saw a head of black hair pass by. But it wasn’t the hair that caught my attention.

                It was the lightening shaped scar on his forehead.