Chapter 12

So sorry it took so long, but I left my laptop at my cousins (who lives 1 hour away) and just got it back! I hope you like this!

*************************************************************

Eli’s POV:

                After dinner, Angelina, Alicia and I headed up to the common room. Fred and George had stayed, saying they needed to ‘plot their next prank

                “This is going to be so much fun!” Angelina said, giggling.

                “I know! It’s going to be so much fun!” Alicia turned to me. “So, who are you hoping to go with?”

                I shrugged. “I dunno. It all depends on who asks me. Who would you like to go with?”

                “I want to go with George! He’s so hilarious!” Angelina said, giggling once again.

                “Well I want to go with Fred! He’s so sweet!” Alicia said.

                 I tried not to outwardly cringe at that.

                We got into the common room to find that the twins had beaten us there. They were sitting with Harry, Ron and Hermione, who were pouring over some textbooks.

                Harry looked up and saw me, and then proceeded to grab my arm and drag me over to Ron and Hermione.

                “Hey Eli,” he said quietly, “do you know anything about a guy named Nicholas Flamel?”

                I did, but I wasn’t about ready to tell him without reason.  “No, never heard of him. Why do you ask?”

                “Well, remember the three headed dog?” he asked. I nodded, shivering. “Well, we think its hiding something. When Hagrid and I went to get money out of my vault, he stopped by a vault, grabbed a small item out, and then left. The vault was robbed a few hours later, but nothing was taken. Then we asked Hagrid about the dog, and if it was hiding something. He said that it was none of our business and that it was between Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel.”

                I took a deep breath, trying not to scream at Harry. “I think you guys should just let it rest. I’m sure whatever is down there is safe.”

                “But Snape’s trying to steal it! We saw him on Halloween, heading up there! And he got bit while he was up there, don’t you see how he started limping?”

                 “Harry, I’m sure Snape wouldn’t try to steal it. Maybe he went up there to check for the troll, opened the door and got attacked.”

                “No, I’m sure he was!“

                “Harry, please don’t go back up to that room. I don’t want you to get hurt.”

                He sighed. “Okay. I won’t.” As I started to walk away, Harry stopped me again. “Can I ask you one more thing Eli?”

                “Of course! What’s up?”

                “Well, there’s this girl that I want to take to the winter ball,” I smiled at this, “and I don’t know how to ask her. How should I?”

                I thought for a minute, and then said, “Just ask her Harry. The worst she can do is say no.”

                “She could say ‘why would I ever go with you’ and then hex me.”