Chapter 19

By the way, I listened to Slow Down by Selena Gomez while writing this chapter :) haha

And stop telling me that there's too much stuff happening to them. I put it in the Action category for a reason people...
---------------------------------------------------------------

Niall's P.O.V

"We made a promise! I fucked that worthless hoe you call a sister and now in return, you stay away from Olivia. If you even think about touching her, remember this promise and my threat." I gritted my teeth together as I stared at him.

"You honestly thought fucking my sister would actually help protect Olivia?" He smirked.

"You bastard." I charged at him, but, I soon felt hands grab both of my arms.

"What happened to us being friends? Remember, we used to hang out with Corey, Ryan, and Zach? Now, we're simply, enemies." He explained.

"Yeah, that was before you became a dick-"

"She came into the picture! She fucking ruined everything!" He cut me off by yelling at me.

"What the hell did she ruin, Josh?" I questioned as I glared at him.

"She ruined you." He answered, clenching his fists. "You're a softy now. You never go rough like you used to before you met her. Where's that Niall? Huh?" He lifted his hand and swung it at my face. My head jerked to the right, his punch catching me off guard. I spit out blood and gave him a death glare. I struggled but the two tall men had me easily down.

"She never ruined me. You're just being the asshole you are." I responded. He stepped towards me in anger. Pulling the same fist up, he punched me in the gut. I clenched my jaw to keep myself from showing pain. He continued to punch me in the gut, hoping I'd break down.

Olivia's P.O.V

I walked down the street with Hailey. "Wait, so, he cheated?" She spoke, disappointingly.

"I don't know! He said he did it to protect me! I'm confused Hailey. I've never been in a situation like this." I complained, hoping I wouldn't cry on the busy sidewalk. She sighed and thought for a moment. I watched business people in business suits with with suitcases and coffee, speed walk down the sidewalk, trying to hurry to get to work.

"I . . . I don't really know what to say, Liv." She spoke, truthfully. I looked down in sorrow. "I mean, he obviously cheated."

"But, he told me it was to protect me." I reminded her.

"Yeah, but you don't know that," She said, slowly.

"I could see the truth in his eyes." I mumbled, looking down.

"Has he treated you like shit?" She questioned.

"No!" I quickly responded. She furrowed her eyebrows, not fully believing. I sighed, "Yesterday we had an argument, so he kind of got mad-but he didn't hurt me! He only grabbed my wrist and jaw."

"Oh, you poor girl." She shook her head in disappointment.

"What?" I asked, innocently.

"I'd pack your bags and go." She stated. "Or you can just stay with me," She trailed off, staring at the dark clouds in the sky. My heart shattered as I listened to her words.

"I think I should." My chin trembled as tears threatened to spill out of my eyes. I never thought of the day I'd leave Niall. I never intended on doing so. It's just, how am I supposed to know if Niall's telling the truth at all? I should just speak for myself instead of have Hailey make up my mind for me.

We took a sharp turn into the forest, heading for the big house I always loved staying at. Once we got to the house, I took out the key and unlocked the front door.

"Is he home?" She asked. I shook my head, noticing his car wasn't in it's usual spot. She sighed in relief and stepped inside the warm house, just as it was about to rain. I flicked on the hallway light and walked up the steps, Hailey following behind me. As I entered the bedroom, I heard a faint gasp behind me. I turned to see if she was alright; sure enough, she was.

She looked at me then back at the room, doing a double take before blushing. "Sorry." She mumbled, looking down. I shrugged and walk around the room. I went through his t-shirt drawer. It wouldn't hurt to take one of his shirts; ok, that kind of sounded creepy.

"Hurry up, please. I don't want to get caught by your angry ex boyfriend!" She whined. I abruptly stopped once the words 'ex boyfriend' slipped from her mouth.

"Please don't say that." My voice cracked. "I'm the only person he has, and I'm leaving him." I can't believe it.

"C'mon, Liv. I'm sorry, but, we have to hurry." She whispered, giving me an apologetic smile. I sighed and finished packing my clothes in a bag I had been carrying during our walk. Hailey suddenly gasped out loud and started freaking out. "Olivia! I heard a car door slam!" She went crazy.

"Relax, Hailey." Shaking, I walked over to the window and looked out. I saw no sign if a car. "He's not here, you can calm down." I announced, turning back to face her. Her body relaxed as she laughed at herself.

"You're so silly, Hailey." She . . . Complimented herself. I walked over to the door and turned to wait for Hailey to follow. "I never knew a boxers room would look like this." She whispered to herself.

"Hailey," I called her name. She jumped and turned to face me.

"Oh, right! Sorry." She quickly made her way out of Niall's room and down the stairs. I sighed and decided on writing Niall a note. I can't just walk out without a warning. I looked through the nightstand and found paper along with a pen.

Dear Niall,

I'm writing this because half of me chose to leave. I'll still miss you. I don't know how to feel about this. Even though you said you protected me, you still cheated. Don't come looking for me, because I'll be gone. I love you.

Sincerely,
Olivia

I folded the paper and laid it on the bed where Niall will possibly find it. I quickly walked downstairs and out the door where Hailey was waiting. We suddenly heard a car engine close by. I grabbed Hailey's hand and dragged her through the rainy forest. I watched behind a tree as Niall's car drove to house.

He carefully stepped out of the car all bruised and cut. My eyes widened at the state he was in.

"I don't wanna die! I don't wanna die! I don't-" I quickly covered Haileys mouth as Niall looked around the forest, his eyebrows furrowed. He shook his head and stepped inside his house. I grabbed Hailey's hand and pulled her out of the forest as quickly as I could. "Did you see how he looked!" She exclaimed. I nodded and looked down. "We gotta go." She mumbled, turning to walk to her house, which was not far from Niall's.

• • •

Niall's P.O.V

I stepped inside the quiet house, hoping to see Olivia. It was too quiet for my liking. I prayed to God that she was upstairs, sleeping. I painfully walked upstairs and into my room. It was empty.

I sighed and walked over to the bed to take a seat and rest. I saw a white piece of paper folded on my bed. I picked it up and unfolded it. I reread it over and over again. What's wrong with me?

I'm a douche who had fucked up once again. But, I did it to keep Josh from hurting her. He promised that if I slept with his sister, he wouldn't go anywhere near Olivia. Without thinking, I slept with her and now I'm back to being alone. I put my head in my hands after resting my elbows on my knees.

I sobbed and crumpled the piece of paper. I stood up and slowly walked around my room. This seemed like the never ending nightmare I always had, growing up. In the end, everyone left me. But, this time, it was my fault I was alone again.

I walked downstairs and into the kitchen. I sat on the chair, thinking for a while. The longer I thought, the more depressed and angry I got. I banged my fist on the table and stood up. I walked over to the fridge, immediately spotting what I needed.

I grabbed the pack and sat back down. I popped the cap and took a swig. After two bottles of beer, I took out a pack of cigarettes and picked one, lighting it before smoking it. I sat back in the chair, feeling empty. I watched the smoke escape from my mouth and into the air.

• • •

I was woken up by loud thunder and lightning. I ignored the painful hangover and instead of nursing myself, I grabbed more bottles of beer. I smashed an empty bottle onto the wooden floor. I sat down on the kitchen chair, picking at the bottle while staring at the ground. I was in deep thought.

I shook my head, feeling the need to disappear and never come back. The kitchen started to become dizzy as I drank more and more bottles of beer. I lazily stood up and stumbled outside. The rain soaked my body, but my drunken state could care less. "Olivia," I whispered, dropping on my knees and pressing my palms against the muddy ground.

My head lowered as I breathed heavily. I slowly got up and stumbled over to a tree, leaning my drunk body against it. "I need you, Greg." I whispered, looking up at the cloudy sky. I had sobered up a little, my body used to the liquid in my system. My emotions changed as did my hormones.

I was angry and I wanted her, now. I don't care if she doesn't want to see me. I need her, and I want her back in my arms. Confidence and courage built up inside of me as I walked out of the forest. I passed people who looked at me like I was a street rat.

I was soaked, muddy, and a bit drunk. But, I knew what I was doing. I knew exactly where she was. She had nobody else to turn to except that Hailey chick. I knew where she lived; I knew where everyone lived.

I walked up her front steps and banged on the door until it slowly opened. "Hi, N-Niall," She stuttered.

"Where is she," I gritted my teeth together.

"Where's who?" She said with a clueless face.

"Don't fucking lie to me. Tell me where Olivia is." I clenched my fists as I glared at her. She tried to close the door on me, but, I put my foot out to keep it from closing. I pushed it open and stepped in as Hailey gasped. She backed away from me as if I was a monster. I began searching for Olivia.

I walked upstairs, not caring that I was spreading muddy footprints everywhere. I opened the first door and looked around. It was empty inside. I ran a hand roughly through my hair. "Olivia!" I yelled, opening every door.

I opened the last door and noticed a figure curled into a ball in a corner. I sighed and jogged towards her. I knelt down and gently grabbed her arm. She looked up with red eyes, like mine. "Niall," She whispered, scooting further away from me.

"Please leave me alone, Niall."

"I need you, Olivia. Please, let me tell you what actually happened." I pleaded. She sighed like she was deciding on wether she should hear the truth. "What does your heart want?" I quickly asked. She looked up and furrowed her eyebrows. I sighed and looked down, trying to think of what to say.

"I-I can't . . ." I sighed once again and tried to continue, "I can't live without you, Olivia."

"Tell me the truth," She spoke, softly. I close my eyes for a brief moment.

"You remember Josh?" I asked, opening my eyes. She slowly nodded. "Last week, he told me that if I slept with his sister, then he would stop plotting to hurt you without me around; and I made the biggest mistake of accepting his word. I didn't like it one bit, Olivia. I felt gross and halfway through, I started to cry, thinking of how disappointed and sad you'd be if you found out. But, I can promise you, I did it only so he would leave you alone. Yet . . . He didn't keep his promise and I'm a dick head for not realizing it." I told her the truth.

"You are a dick head." She whispered, looking down at her small hands. I slowly took her hands in mine, kissing them lightly.

"Baby, I told you the truth; And this," I let go of her hands and gestures to how I looked, "proves I can't live without you." She scanned my body, a small smile appearing on her face.

"You look like shit." She laughed, slightly. I'm not even mad. If it takes Olivia insulting me to get her back, then she can insult me any time of the day. I raised my arms in hopes that she would hug me. It took a while before she crawled into my arms.

I hugged her tightly, a tear rolling down my cheek. The feeling of her in my arms made me so happy. I placed my hand on the back of her neck and kissed the top of her head. "You aren't what everybody says you are." I heard a different voice speak. I looked over my shoulder and noticed the Hailey girl leaning against the doorway with her arms crossed.

"What do they say about me?" I asked.

"That you are cold, heartless, uncaring, and you'll never love anyone. But, now I understand why Olivia fell in love with you. She told me you care for her so much and it makes her feel like she's worth something. People shouldn't judge by what you do for a living; you have a story behind all of this." She said, pushing herself off of the doorway and exiting the room. I looked down at Olivia sleeping in my arms. I smiled and kissed her forehead, feeling my heart mend just by holding her.

______________________________________
Can't. Stop. Listening to Slow Down by Selena Gomes or Acapella by Karmin

- I love you guys <3

- by the way Josh is not Josh Devine :P