Chapter 17

I'd like to take this time and say.... Hey

------------------------------------------------------

Olivia's P.O.V

"I'm fucking sorry, Simon! Jesus christ!" Niall yelled into his phone, outside of his room. I flinched at the tone in his voice. He was pissed, and I mean, really, pissed. We had just got back to his house from the hospital. It had been a few days since we were in the hospital; they tried to contact my mom, but somehow they couldn't reach the home phone or her cell phone.

The nurses would kick Niall out of my room every morning when they walked in and found him laying next to me; they told him he'd pay the consequences if he kept coming back in my room. Being the stubborn side of him, he ignored the nurses and slept in my hospital bed every night. I wasn't complaining though.

"Shit! You're lying!" He lowered his voice and I could tell his eyebrows were furrowed in anger. I pulled the blanket over my legs and leaned my back against the head of the bed. I heard Niall curse for the umpteenth time. "Whatever. Who cares? Yeah? Well, fuck you!" My eyes slightly widened, shocked and a bit vulnerable about how he'll act towards me. Suddenly, the door opened and Niall limped in.

"Fucking cast." He mumbled, referring to the cast on his leg. He slammed his phone on the bedside table and furiously ran a hand through his hair.

"A-are you ok, Niall?" I quietly whispered. He grabbed the bedside table and knocked it over with so much force, the lamp broke into pieces as soon as it hit the floor. He raised both arms and placed his hands on top of his head, backing up against the wall. He slid down and rested his elbows on his knees as he stared at the ground. I pulled off the covers and stood up, hesitantly walking over to him.

I sat down beside him, ignoring the pain of the pressure I was putting on my arm. "Do you want to talk?" I asked, again. He looked up and glanced at me. His eyes were glossy as tears ran down his cheeks. My heart dropped at the sight of him crying.

I grabbed his hand and waited for him to talk. "He says if my leg doesn't heal, he's gonna make me quit boxing for good." Fresh new tears built on the brim of his eyes. I pulled him into a hug and slowly rubbed his back.

"He can't do that." I whispered.

"Olivia, you haven't known him since you were little. He can ruin your life in a heartbeat." Niall explained. I sighed and looked at him.

"He's an asshole." I simply stated. He cracked a smile and kissed me on the lips.

"I know he is." He said, calmly.

•••

"Dude, he's not serious." Harry scoffed as the whole room became silent.

"Yeah, he is. He started cursing and other shit." Niall retorted, tightening his grip around my waist.

"We need to get back at him. I mean, remember all those times he ruined our chances with our girlfriends!" Louis exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air. They all simply nodded.

"Yeah, but, if we get back at him, he'll obviously make us quit boxing." They groaned and lazily plopped on the couch while Niall wouldn't budge.

"Niall, you should really sit down and let your leg rest." I reminded him. He sighed and let go of my waist, sitting on the couch behind him. "I'll leave you guys alone." I whispered, walking upstairs and into Niall's room. I sat on his bed and pulled out my phone to call my mom. I waited and waited for her to answer.

She eventually picked up, "Hello?"

"Mom? Where have you been?" I asked her.

"What do you mean?"