Chapter One

Chapter One,
The First Breath

The Loup Garou is a French legend of a human who changed into a wolf at his or her own will

The Loup Garou is a French legend of a human who changed into a wolf at his or her own will. The word 'Loup' means wolf while 'Garou' is an old Frankish word similar to 'werewolf'. They are magnificent, intelligent and blessed creatures.
In the legends, the Loup Garou is said to be someone the victim knows, such as a jealous former lover or a close friend, maybe even a family member.
Loup Garous' in wolf form are just as intelligent as they are in their human form and with their enhanced abilities and senses, it makes them difficult to destroy.

Subject 1-14's POV

Slowly taking a breath I listened quietly, I heard beeping and voices. What is that? What are those sounds? Thinking to myself I only saw darkness. Where am I? What is this abyss of darkness? I don't like it! Help me! My thoughts raced as I felt frightened. I felt wet things on my cheeks, I could feel them fall. What were they?

"Doctor! She's taken her first breath!" A voice yelled. I heard the running of footsteps, and a gasp of awe. "She's a beauty, truly remarkable. We've created the first one! As humans this accomplishment is beyond belief, therefore we'll keep her existence a secret" a deep voice spoke. "However, send a message to the queen directly and alert her of this" the voice spoke again. "Right away sir" a high pitched voice said.

What? Why? My life is secret? I was created? What was I? Many questions raced through my mind as I struggled. I saw a small light in this darkness and I attempted to get more of it. Suddenly I heard another voice, "she's attempting to open her eyes!" And a surprised voice followed "already?!"

Eyes... So that's what I had. I'll open my eyes, watch and see! This emotion I felt, I felt full of happiness and was excited. The darkness dimmed out slowly and a bright light filled me, I squinted in surprise and saw one of these strange creatures dimming the light blinding me.

Slowly I sat up, barely opening my eyes and then finally I opened them fully. I saw this strange fur on my shoulder, it was brown. As I reached to touch it, it felt soft and seemed to be long. I followed it and reached the top it seemed, one of these creatures were staring at me. "That's called a head" they spoke softly with a smile.

"H-he-hrm-hea-head..." I felt my eyes widen at the sound that came from me. I said that? I didn't know I could. My thoughts raced as the creature in front of me widened it's eyes. "She spoke! Her first word!" The creature said and the others rushed over. Were they humans? As that deep voice had said earlier? Humans...if that's what they were then what was I? I asked these questions in my head.

"Her eyes are beautiful, a lovely blue..." One human said. Blue? My eyes are blue? What's blue? I wondered as a human handed me an object. I jumped at what I saw, slightly scared but curious at the same time. "That's a mirror, you see yourself in it" one explained and I blinked.