Chapter 16- What Not To Love

• Dedicated to Erika M

"Honey?" I felt a small shake as I quickly opened my eyes to see my mother's face staring back at me. I had fallen asleep in front of the television, god only knows for how long.

"Mom?" I asked groggily as I stood up slowly and she made a sad smile, "Thank you for coming."

"What's the matter? Talk to me." She said as she took me in her arms and I felt like the small child that got hurt at the playground. 

I started to cry, not tear up, but just full out crying. 

Yes, I really needed my mommy. 

"Mom, it's just so hard!" 

"What is, darling?" She asked as she rubbed my back.

"This. Everything." I sniffled

"Well, you have to be a little more specific than that. What really happened?" She asked as she sat me down.

"I don't know mom, I mean it's been five years. And I still just..." I stopped and restarted as I sniffled, "I just don't know if I can do this because it's just so hard. It's like he just left. And now I'm alone! It sucks!"

"I know sweety," She rubbed my back again.

"I didn't call you to come over here for some bullshit honesty, mom, can you just lie to me!" I cried again.

"I'm sorry hon, but it's time."

I looked up, I knew full well it was too. I knew it was time to get over his death. I knew it was time to start living life again.

But the only problem was, how do I even start?

And then it hit me.