Chapter 12- Scared to the Waking of Reality

I had just gotten out of work as I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket.

I took a glance at the caller-ID. It was Jerry. Of course...

I didn't really want to answer it, I was afraid on what to say. The flashbacks were all coming back at me again like before. I didn't know what to do. 

I glanced back down at it and watched it as it continued to vibrate until it was a missed call. I know, it was mean, and I wanted to answer it and tell him to meet me somewhere so I could jump into his arms and be whisked away.

But deep down inside, it was the painful feeling, the guilty feeling. And I didn't want to answer it at all. Deep down inside I couldn't do it, I couldn't help it. What was I going to do? What was I going to say the next time we see each other? I can't ignore him forever. I mean, I do care about him, but...

That but, oh that dreaded but. But what?! I was now getting aggrivated with myself. I put the phone back into my pocket and continued on down the street. 

                                                    *********************************************

"Oh my god! You're home! Before eleven!" Lily yelled happily as she came by my side once I walked through the front door.

"Yeah, I know." I said blankly

"So what happened to you today?" Lily asked as we sat on the couch in the living room.

"What?" 

"Oh c'mon, that whole dramatic thing at Starbucks! Like holy shit Lex! You are like the whole talk of Starbucks now!"

Creg. Great. Or other people?

"How did you-" But I was cut off by Lily as I sat back into the cushions

"Oh my god, like this chick who knows my friend, you know, Ally, told her about it because she saw..." and the rest was kind of a blur as I was staring at her, but I wasn't exactly looking at her. 

My mind was completely somewhere else...