Chapter 4- A Piece of Before

Chapter 4

A Piece of Before

Lily and I headed into the lounge, escorted by a tall, good-looking young man who had jet black hair, a built body, and ice blue eyes. Lily made it clear that she found him attractive with her giggling at everything he said and the way she tried to seductively look at him. Like many men, he gave in to her flirting attmepts and stayed around a bit longer then a host is supposed to.

"When are you getting off?" She asked as she bit her lip.

"Uhh," He ran his hand through his hair, "In around forty-five-minutes. I'll buy you a drink."

"Kay." She smiled as he walked away, "He was cute..."

"Yeah, Lily please don't cyber stalk him now."

A waiter came over to get our drinks,

"A vodka tonic" Lily answered

"And for you, miss?" the waiter asked as he turned to me.

"Ahh, a strawberry daq please."

When the waiter turned away, Lily turned to me with a surprised expression, "Wow, a strawberry daq? Not one of your Irish beers like Schmiticks. You're lettin' loose tonight!?"

I shrugged, "Eh, just something to try" I answered truthfully

I looked around the lounge, where the lighting was dim and intimate, there was brown leather chairs that screamed "expensive" as the room was crowded with young people from the age of twenty-one to thirty. The bar was made out of a mahogeny wood as it was stacked with every type of alcoholic beverage you could imagine, with stools bordering the bar. People were laughing, flirting, talking, just having a good time.

A few minutes later we got our drinks as Lily and I were talking about how disgustingly slutty a girl's outfit was. Lily was innocently sipping her vodka tonic as two young men our age came over to us, one went straight to Lily, who had dark-chocolate skin, short hair, and a suit on from work, which was unbottoned as the top, ready for having fun at Happy Hour. The other, went over to me, he had brown hair, with a good-looking face. He was tall, and he too had a suit on, with the buttons unbotted at the top and the tie hung loosely.

"Hey, how you doing?" He said as he sat next to me.

"I'm fine, thanks. And yourself?" I asked, sipping my drink, already annoyed at the cocky personality this guy betrayed to possess.

"Great, now that met you." Ugh, what a cheesy pick up line, "Let me buy you a drink."

"No, that's alright, I have one right here." I looked over at Lily and the her guy was whispering something in her ear and she abrupted into laughter which lead to him smiling.

"What's your name?" He asked

"Alexa." I answered simply