Chapter 1- Young Love

Thank you all for reading "Military Love," which I wrote when I was 15 and was my first book on Wattpad back in 2012. 

If you're looking for my latest work, please check out "Don't Feel Guilty," which a steamy romance novel. Check it out here: https://www.wattpad.com/962461266-don%27t-feel-guilty-chapter-one

___________________________________________________

Chapter 1

Young Love

           I remember how he said it the first time. It was almost like a confession being made to me. We were on the beach, a cool summer night with the waves crashing and the moon reflecting its light on the black water. The sand, cool as it slipped in between my toes. Music playing in the background as a rock band played a slow song. It was peaceful and relaxing as we were sitting, staring off into the night, his arm wrapped around my shoulders, keeping me warm from the cool offshore breeze and my head tilted onto his shoulder. The three words that every girl wants to hear was echoing in my head after he said it, and I knew that it was meant with meaning, not just the beginning of a summer romance. It was not the first time that someone said it to me, but when I said it back it was the first time that I meant it as well. We were so young, without a care in the world. We didn't have to talk about college or future dreams. We didn't care about anything except what was going on for the next week. We had nothing planed, we had nothing to look forward to, and we had nothing to be afraid of. We were living in the moment, and it didn't matter how much more time we had together, because from here we had as much as we wanted.

                I remember when he told me something I didn't want to hear. I remember the aching feeling that still churns in my stomach. It is now three years after that night on the beach, and we were still going out. I noticed that he was afraid to tell me and when it finally slipped from his lips, I didn't know what to say.

"I'm going into the marines" He whispered after I pleaded for him to tell me what the matter was. I was stunned, I didn't know if I was going to support him, or be proud, or cry. And my emotions took me as I thought of what the worst could be. I started to cry thinking of the worst.

"Oh, don't cry. Please, please don't cry" He whispered as he wiped my tears, "It's a good thing, it'll help pay for my college, it'll look good on my resume."

"But... I'm scared." I choked.

"Don't be, everything is going to be okay" He was so good at trying to persuade me this as he held me tight.

                I remember that a year later after he told me the news, he brought me out on a boat for my birthday. There was quiet music and white lights hanging around the boat, twinkling in the night against the soft river waves. He was dressed in a white button down shirt and I was in a simple black dress that went right above my knees, and flowed away from me as it had an empire waist with small straps resting lightly on my shoulders. We slow danced in the moonlight as I embraced the moment because he would be leaving in a month for training. We were seniors in high school and I felt as though my life was so far ahead of me, we had matured together these past four years as we understand life through a different view then we had before. We understand the world from a different perspective as we have grown together. He loosened his grasp to me as he looked down to my face.

"I love you" He said quietly

"I know" I whispered back, "I love you too"

"But do you know how much I love you?" He asked, smiling.

I had to laugh, but then when he let go of me and got down on one knee, there was a pit in my throat and a fluttery feeling in my stomach that I could not quite explain. He then took the small, black velvet box out of his pocket.

"I love you more than you'd ever know. You are the one that I want in my life. Four years ago, I felt for you in this way that I couldn't understand, but now it has just grown deeper. I joined the military for you because I want us to have a beautiful life together."

I then started to cry, tears of joy maybe, I don't really know. But he continued,

"I want you to be the girl in white at my wedding, I want you to be the mother of my children, I want you to be the one with me. We may be so young to understand life, but I know what I want in life." He opened the box and out shined a ring of silver with a diamond the size of a penny with little diamonds surrounding it, "Will you marry me?"

I then smiled and nodded my head yes, "Yes, of course!" He stood up and put the ring on my finger, wrapped his arms around my waist as I wrapped my arms around his neck. The kiss he gave me was something new, something light but passionate, something that I will always cherish.

                Two weeks later at prom, everyone found out. I wore my ring for the first time that night, and it looked perfect against my white gown. He went up to the stage and asked the band for a moment.

"Attention, everyone!" He shouted and everyone looked up, "I have some news about this young lady and I." He pointed to me, "We are getting married!" Everyone started to clap and scream, and I didn't know what to do, I was laughing with embarrassment. Everyone knew he was going into the military, so most people expected this to happen since we have been going out for four years. The band played a few numbers of slow songs after that. Friends, people we barely talked to, and teachers came up to us all the time after that saying "Congratulations!"