The Nanny Job Ch.34

Thank you for the votes, comments, and follows!!☺️

I hoped you all enjoyed the previous chapter!

Here's another one!

Enjoy!

It was already 4:45pm and Joy had taken the the children with here to their friends party. She said she promised them, she'd help set up everything.

I made my way up stairs and took a long relaxing shower. I braided my wet hair aside and rummaged through my closet looking for something decent to wear. I settled on wearing the gorgeous gown Joy had given me for Christmas.

I put some mascara on and of course my favorite red lipstick. I slipped into the dress and looked at my reflection. The gown fit perfectly and it was comfortable. I slipped on my only pair of black heels and looked at the time, it was already 5:00pm in the dot.

I carefully walked down the stairs praying I wouldn't slip. I finally made it down and was startled by Felix when he started clapping, I put a hand over my chest to stop the pounding, "Wow! You look amazing and you didn't fall!" Felix said, "You know, I'm still going to kill you." I tell him, he laughed but I could see he was scared.

Felix he was wearing a tuxedo, his hair was styled nicely but I didn't bother complementing him. I was still mad at him and I didn't want his head to get any bigger than it was. "Oh I forgot to tell you, we're going to take a limousine. And the guys are going to be there with their dates." Felix said, I sighed. "Felix I'm going to kill you, then bring you back to life and kill you again!" I say.

Finn appeared a few minutes later and looked smashing. "Abby...... You look absolutely stunning." Finn said smiling complimenting me, I smiled at him "Thank you." I said shyly, I knew I was blushing so I looked away toward Felix. He wiggled his eyebrows and winked. I walked toward him and slyly pinched his arm hard. Finn was on his phone so he didn't see Felix's pained face.

"Alright they're outside." Finn said, I was guessing he was talking about the guys. He stuck out a hand and I gladly took it, I brought my shawl and we walked out hand in hand. Felix ran ahead to do God knows what. "Finn I'm sorry I called Felix earlier. I didn't know that he was busy, if I had known I wouldn't have called him. I didn't mean to cause any trouble, I just needed to ask him something. I understand if you're mad at me. I'm really s-" "Abby it's fine, Felix wasn't even paying attention. I could never be mad at you." he said, I looked up and saw his grey eyes held a twinkle in them. I looked away and noticed we were already outside.

The limousine was out in front, Dave was outside the door waiting to open it. "Evening Mr. Adam. Miss Bower." Dave tipped his hat and slightly smiled my way, I smiled back and thanked him when he opened the door.

Inside the limousine it was wild. Music was blasting, girls were screaming and laughing, Felix was being very crazy, and I didn't fit in. I was kinda scared, Finn had told them a few time to quite down, which they did. I looked at the guys dates, they had cocktail dresses and looked like models. The guys greeted me but I didn't catch the girls names.

The limousine finally stopped and Dave opened the door, Finn got out and helped the girls out and the guys got out too. I suddenly wasn't in the mood to be here. I didn't want to be the odd one out, I shouldn't even be here. What was I thinking coming he- "Abby are you coming?" Finn asked, breaking me out of my thoughts, I blinked few times and nodded, "Yeah, sorry I was lost in thought." I told him, he held out his hand and I took it.

Felix was waiting for us right in front of the entrance. He smiled as we approached and held out his other arm to me, I smiled and linked my other arm through his. We walked in and my stomach started knotting into nervousness, I squeezed Finn's hand hoping it would help make the knots go away. Finn gently squeezed mine back. I just might be able to make it.

"Excuse me! May I take your picture?" A man holding a camera asked, "Yeah sure, just make sure to get my good side." Felix *insert eye roll said, Finn laughed and I smiled. The man took quite a few photos and thanked us. There was a few of just Finn and I, and then Felix and I.

Felix went to get some food while Finn greeted and introduced me, to everyone. I found Joy she was talking with another lady, "It was lovely talking to you Lydia." Joy turned around and smiled brightly at me, I smiled back "Oh my, don't you look amazing. I knew it'd look beautiful on you." Joy said, "Thank you. You do too." I complement her navy blue gown.

The children were in the children's room. And I felt completely out of place. All I wanted to do was go somewhere nice and quite. I walked around and found a little balcony. I stepped out into the cool fresh air, it was just what I needed. I sighed deeply,  "It's beautiful out here isn't it?" I was slightly surprised by Finn's presence but soon relaxed and took in my surroundings. "Yeah, it's just what I need." I say, sighing out a deep breath.

I only noticed a few minutes ago how cold it was, my shawl was inside and I didn't want to get it. Finn seemed to notice because he shrugged off his jacket and put it on me. "Thanks." I say gratefully, I wrapped it tighter around me, trying to get warmth. Finn wrapped his arms around me and I was surrounded with warmth. We swayed a little which was relaxing.

"Thanks Finn." "Hmm...... For what?" he asked confusedly, "For making this New Years Eve, the best one for me." I said smiling to myself, "You're welcome, I must say this was the most relaxing New Years Eve, I've had. And I'm really glad, you're having a great time." he said, I nodded thanking God this had gone better than I thought it would.

"Hey Ab?" Finn asked, "Mmmhhm?" "I'm going to go inside, it's five minutes until they do the count down. Do you want to come in?" he asked, I shook my head, "I'm good out here." I tell him, he smiled and walked inside.

I turned my attention back to the house I saw everyone gathered around, I was shocked to see Juliet, but Finn, Felix, Cole, Legend, Trystan, and some other people were watching the big screen. There was a few minutes left...

I didn't want to watch a bunch of couples kiss, so I turned away and looked into the dark night. "Hey Abs." it was Finn, I turned around to see him smiling at me and holding two glasses of champagne. I smiled back, "Hey, why aren't you inside?" I asked, he handed me one of the glasses, "Well I could ask you the same question. But if you must know, I wanted to spend the last minutes of this year with you." Finn said smiling at me, his smile made me smile.

"Finn I'd love to spend the last minutes of this year with you too." I say genuinely, Finn wrapped his arms around me and we watched the screen as it counted down the last minutes of this year.

"10!...9!...8!...7!...6!...5!...4!...3!...2!...1! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!" Everyone shouted together. "Happy New Year Abby." Finn whispered, I turned around and *clinked out glasses together, I took a sip and put it away. Then I turned to Finn and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. "Happy New Years Finn." I say. Finn kissed right next to my mouth and put his arms back around me. I closed my eyes and savored this moment.

What do you all think??? I think I'm going to stop now, and I'm going to start editing! Tell me if any of you are confused about anything in the book, I will answer you!😘

Thank you all for your support!!

Love,
          -TheMizer 😘😭