Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

Once me and Carl get back inside the orphanage I hear the familiar sound of crying, I raise an eyebrow at Carl before heading to the door that the crying is coming behind. As I open it I look in to find Wednesday sitting sobbing holding her now very short hair in her hand and Sarita attempting to comfort her.

"What happened?" I ask and Sarita shakes her a pitying look on her face as she looks down at Wednesday.

"Tara and Wednesday were playing together and decided to play hairdressers and Tara decided to take that a little seriously," Sarita explains as Wednesday looks up revealing her hair which is actual only short on one side, the other side still reaching the bottom of her rib cage the other barely reaching her chin.

"I didn't mean to upset her, I use to cut my dolls hair all the time and they loved their hair cuts," Tara says frowning slightly from the side of the room.

"It's okay Tara, isn't it Wednesday?" Sarita asks and Wednesday only lets out a tearful snort.

"So what's the situation with the hair, do we leave the other to grow or do we cut the other side?" Kenny asks and Sarita rolls her eyes.

"Of course we cut the other side Kenny, the world may be over but that is no excuse for her to be running about like a ragamuffin,"Sarita says before turning to me and mouthing the word 'scissors' nodding towards  the pair that lies on the table, strands of blonde hair still stuck in the blades.

I pick them up hiding them up my before passing them to Sarita, who nods thankfully. She taps Wednesday on the shoulder.

"Honey I'm just going to even out the other side," Sarita says gently but Wednesday lets out a whole new wave of tears.

"No, no just let it grow back," Wednesday protests tearfully.

"Come on Wednesday, you'll look like Clem, her hair was short when she was younger weren't Clem?" Kenny says and I nod.

"Really?" Wednesday ask looking up at me eyes wide.

"Yeah mine was way shorter than yours was now and see now mines passing my shoulders," I say and she sniffs slightly. "Once yours is cut we can find some rubber bands and you can wear in some cute bunches,"

"I guess," Wednesday shrugs wiping the last trace of tears from her eyes before nodding to Sarita who begins to level out the other side of her hair.

"Clementine could you please go find the others, they've been looking for Bob and we should see if they've found him yet," Sarita says whilst cutting before looking over at Tara and lowering her voice. "And maybe take Tara with you so she doesn't cause more trouble?"

I nod my head before turning to Tara and smiling.

"Tara do you want to help me look for the other?" I ask and she nods happily before walking over, taking my hand as she does so. "So where do you think the others are?"

"I'm not sure their so many places to hide in this place, we should ask Ashley, Megan and Emma they tend to know about this kind of stuff," Tara suggests and I nod letting her pull me into main the room of the house.

She enters before me and as soon as she does the ear piercing scream starts. I run in after and feel sick at what I find the rooms covered in blood with a body lying in the middle, Bobs body. I feel dizzy staring into the room with Tara's screams still in the background being the only thing keeping me from fainting. The air is thick with the musty smell of the blood and I call barely separate the walls from the floor. The only thing that is left clean from blood are the three little girls standing around the grandfather clock.