Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

"Look Carver I just came here to get Haley, don't hurt the girl. I don't even know who she is, must be one of yours," Kenny says and the man, Carver, pushes the gun harsher against my neck.

"You're really just taking Haley? Looks like you've gone for a full out rescue party here," Carver says gesturing to Bob and his group with a snide smile.

"We can talk about it make a new deal so that we're all happy, just don't hurt the girl," Kenny begs and Carver raises an eyebrow.

"Is what he's saying true little girl, what's your name?" Carver asks and I look to Kenny who nods slightly.

"He's telling the truth I've never met him before I saw them come in here from my bedroom window, my names . . . Carley," I say quickly and he smiles slightly letting me go.

"So Carley if you've never met this man before you won't mind if I put a bullet between his eyes will you?" Carver asks and I don't move as he grabs Kenny, pushing him to the ground, his gun pointed at Kenny's forehead. "You have five seconds to tell the truth Carley or else this man's a goner. Five . . . four . . .  three . . . two and o . . ."

He stops just as I open my mouth to protest.

"You are one cold hearted girl, going to let your friend die to save your own skin. I knew you were lying from the beginning but I wanted to see if you'd tell the truth. If you had I would've went easier on you," He says before smirking. "You're probably wondering how I know all this aren't you? Governor, bring him in,"

Another man with an eyepatch pulls in a man with a beaten face, Nick.

"Guess you and him have something in common, you'll both do whatever it takes to save your own skin," Carver says before kicking Nick in the legs and letting him fall to the ground before pointing his gun at his head. "Now put your guns down or I'll give the asshole what he deserves,"

Without hesitation I put my gun on the ground and look at Kenny to tell him to do the same. When both guns are on the ground Carver shakes his head, chuckling for a second before pulling the trigger and shooting Nick in head, killing him instantly.

"You really think I'd let that filthy traitor live, he deserves to die but you should be thankful I didn't let him turn first," Carver says with a small smile. "Now all of you on your knees with your hands behind your head!"

As he says that Tyreese runs at him knocking him to the ground, as he does Carver holds down on the trigger sending bullets all around the room, causing us all to dive to the ground. When I look up Kenny has grabbed the Governor and put him in headlock before looking over at me.

"Clem grab the gun," He yells and I run over and snatch the gun out of the Governor's hands, the second I have the gun Kenny slams his head against the wall before letting him drop to the ground.

"You can't do this, you won't win," Carver yells from where Tyreese has him pinned down.

"Just watch us," Kenny says before pointing the gun at Carvers head and pulling the trigger.

Maya walks over and picks the Governor's gun of the ground checking the chamber briefly before sliding it in her belt, Kenny watching eyebrows raised.

"You know how to use that?" He asks and she rolls her eyes.

"Don't worry about me, you sure your aim is still accurate, old man?" She taunts and Kenny just sighs, turning to Tyreese.

"What you did back there was good, nice to know we have you on our side," Kenny says patting him on the shoulder.

"Yeah well rather die fighting that guy than die letting him execute us," Tyreese says and Kenny nods.

"Now we gotta be ready, we can only guess people heard the gun shots, so we've gotta be prepared for the worst. I've got my gun, Maya you've got the Governors, Bob you take Carvers and Clementine, give Sasha your gun,"

"What, no way," I argue but Kenny shakes his head putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Clem I need you to look after the boy, people won't pay you two much attention out there if we get caught and you have the chance edge away with the kid and get back to Sarita," Kenny says and I nod slightly before going over to Sam who smiles up at me.

"Cool hat," He says and I offer him an encouraging smile.

"It's was my friends," I say and he nods as I tap the edge of the sheriffs hat.

"You all ready?" Kenny asks and we bid before he opens the door, pointing his gun out.

"Stay by my side okay?" I whisper to Sam who nods grabbing my hand.

"Let's move," Kenny hisses looking out the door checking it is clear once more before exiting.

Once outside I can't help notice how empty it is, how easy it is to walk through the streets, no one stopping us, no one there to stop us.

"Alright just cause there ain't nobody around now doesn't mean we should drop our guard, they could be waiting around the next corner ready to shoot us down," Kenny hisses and I nod, looking back at Sam quickly as we walk. That's when the shot is fired and the screaming starts and it seems to never stop, the voice doesn't even stop for a second, just a never ending scream, their own cry for mercy. Then another shot is fired and like that it stops and a silence falls over us all, stopping us where we stand but the silence is only for a moment then the shots start.

"Sounds like Woodbury is having their own troubles," Kenny whispers.

"What do you think their shooting at?" Tyreese asks and before Kenny can answer the moans start and the drumming of the walkers throwing themselves at the wall.

"We better move," Sasha hisses briefly looking at the wall. "Certainly don't want to be here when that herd gets in,"

"From your mouth to gods ears," Kenny whispers before turning back to us all. "Let's be careful, by the sounds of it the front gate is out of bounds and back here isn't looking too good either. We should climb over one of the side walls then go round the walls to get to Sarita but by the looks of it they'll probable have moved too, let's just hope they left us a sign of where they went,"

That's when it starts he is barely finished talking when part of the wall falls and the walkers pour in. Hundreds of walkers pull themselves in, fighting to get to us first, each wanting a taste of life, fresh meat.

"God damn," Tyreese whispers.

"Run!"

QOTD
Who is missing Carl?