Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

"It's Woodbury isn't it?" I ask and Kenny nods.

"Sure is," He whispers and I stare at the walls slightly in doubt, they look pretty secure.

"Then what's the plan?" I ask and Kenny turns to face me and Sarita.

"Okay we go fast about this, in and out there's only three of us, four if you count AJ and he's hardly a ready made soldier, so we're gonna have to be smart about this, we can hardly go in guns blazing," He says. "Sarita, you stay here with AJ,"

"What, Kenny you two can't just go in there against a highly trained camp, I'll go and Clementine can look  after AJ," Sarita protests but Kenny shakes his head putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Sarita, if we go in there and get caught we're screwed but if me and Clem go in there and they catch Clem they won't question her and she can act like a confused girl who got lost," Kenny says and Sarita nods, defeated. "You up for it Clem?"

"Definitely," I say and he smiles.

"Good. Follow me Clem, stay right behind me, last thing we need is to get separated," He says walking to the tree line outside of Woodbury and crouching down before pointing to the fence. "See that gap between that truck and that tire that's our in point. Unfortunatley for us their guard tower happens to be right above that,"

"Then how do we get past them without drawing attention to ourselves?"

"We need to cause a distraction, nothin' too big and fancy, just something that will grab their attention," Kenny explains.

"Like?"

"I don't know Clem, but one of us running out there is just plain stupid and leading a walker out there's just too dangerous," He says before sighing."This rescue mission doesn't seem to be going to help does it Clem?"

"Kenny look,"I whisper, gesturing to the road where a car sits. "We start it and let it drive, they'll see it drive down the road but won't see there's no driver,"

"Let's go check it out" He whispers with a small smile and I work my way to the car, being careful not to catch the light of the torch from the people on watch.

I look inside and to my relief there are keys, Kenny looks in and smiles.

"Seems like things are finally going our way Clem," He says before leaning in and twisting the keys, nothing happening.

"Kenny what's wrong?" I ask and slams his hand against the wheel.

"God damn thing's been in parking too long, we're going to have to jump start it,"

"What?"

"Clem you sit in the drivers seat, I'm going to the car, when I tell you to twist the keys into the ignition, jump out. You ever driven before?" He asks.

"No!"

"Well it will come naturally, it's easy like riding a bike," He says as I slide into the drivers seat.

"My teacher once told me that 1.3 million people die in car accidents every year," I say and he shakes his head, chuckling lightly.

"Yeah well don't worry about it, like I said just like riding a bike," He says before running behind the car.

He begins to push and the car begins to shift.

"Clem now," He hisses and I twist the keys and the car begins to go faster, I swing the car door open and lean out, instantly regretting it as I fall out the car, landing on the ground with a thump.

"Clem you okay?" Kenny asks and I manage a small nod as I pull myself off the ground and put the sheriff hat back on my head. "Then let's get a move on. I don't know how long that will distract them for,"

We run towards the wall and I hear them yelling for whoever driving the car to stop or they will be force to shoot and as we slide through the hole I feel the wall shake from the car slamming into it.

"Come on Clem," Kenny hisses as we run through the empty streets of the town until we reach an abandoned alley and stop.

"Where now?"

"Carver and the Governor keep their prisoners to the north of town in a little abandoned meat locker," Kenny says and I nod, we begin to walk out the alley. A voice stops us.

"Stop there or I'll shoot," The voice threatens us, something about it so familiar.

"Look man we're just here to get our friend back, don't mean no trouble," Kenny explains and I see his hand begin to creep down to his gun.

"I said don't move!"

"Alright alright don't get so . . ." Kenny says before quickly grabbing his gun, turning round and shooting the guy in the shoulder, forcing him to drop his gun, I turn and look at him.

"Nick?" I ask staring at the man who stares back at me.

"Clementine what are you doing here?" He says in strained voice, clutching his shoulder.

"I could ask you the same thing," I say and he frowns.

"Hey don't look at me like I'm the bad guy, I'm not the one who broke in here,"

"We're not in the wrong they shitheads of a leaders you have around here are. We're simply rescuing our friend," Kenny snaps at Nick who glares back.

"Well where Carver and Governor keep their prisoner is pretty secure," Nick says.

"But you have a key, don't you?"

"Maybe I do but after you just shot me don't think I'll be giving it to you," Nick smirks and Kenny shoves him against the wall making him groan in pain, Kenny pointing his gun at Nicks head.

"Now listen here shithead . . ."

"Stop, both of you stop, Nick please we're just trying to help our friend," I say before pausing. "Luke would've helped us. So would've Pete,"

He frowns slightly. "None of them made it did they?"

"No it's just me and AJ who made it," I say and his face drops.

"Fine but if I help you, you gotta take me with you when you leave, Carver and the Governor ain't gonna be too happy once they find out I helped you,"

"Deal," I say and he places the keys in my hand as I hear footsteps approaching the alley.

"Shit they must've heard the gunshot. I'll distract them you go get your friend I need them to treat my shoulder anyway, I'll find you before you leave," He says and I nod before running out of the alley, Kenny following.

QOTD
Thoughts on Nicks return?