Chapter Five

Chapter Five

"You killed my son, you left him for dead," Hershel yells shoving Kenny
back. "He's dead and its your fault!"

"Hershel . . ." Rick begins putting a hand on Hershel's shoulder but he simply shakes Rick off.

"I'm sorry man, it was just . . ." Kenny stumbles refusing to meet Hershel.

"What was your reason for leaving him, you god damn coward?!" Hershel
demands and Kenny looks up meeting his eyes for a moment.

"I lost my son too, cause I wasn't their to save him," Kenny whispers before breaking down, falling to the ground crying.

"Kenny," Sarita soothes rubbing his back briefly looking at Hershel, her eyes almost shocked at the older mans out burst.

"Don't be hard on him, Kenny lost his family too," I say.

"We've all lost people but he could've stopped me losing one more," Hershel snaps.

"Daddy stop Shawn . . . he's dead theirs no bringing him back, He wouldn't have wanted this, for you to treat a man who lost as much as much as you the way you are," Maggie begs tears in her eyes.

"Sweetheart,"

"Please Daddy you just let go of all of it, their was no saving Shawn even if their was he's gone but we're all still here, we're all still alive and that's what matters," Maggie says and Hershel's face soften hugging his daughter for a moment.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry I didn't try and save him, it's just . . ." Kenny says pulling himself off the ground.

"You were saving your own son I can't hate you for that," Hershel says putting a hand on Kenny's shoulder. "Your one of us now, this group is my family now,"

As Hershel speaks Kenny looks back at Sarita for a moment his eyes filled with pain.

"Thank you so much," Kenny whispers and Hershel nods.

"I guess if your staying we better get you set up in the other cell block," Rick says and I raise an eyebrow.

"Why the other cell block, theirs plenty of free cells in C?"

"Clementine we still can't fully trust these people, just because . . ."

"If their going in to the next cell block so am I," I insist but Kenny shakes his head.

"It's alright Clem, your already settled in, we'll be fine," Kenny says and I nod reluctantly.

"I'll show you to . . . Your cell," Carol says smiling briefly at the pair. "I will never get use to saying that,"

"Hey," Carl says grabbing my arm.

"What?"

"Do you really trust these people?" He asks and I nod.

"I trust Kenny with my life and if Kenny trust Sarita I trust her with the same," I say and he looks questionably.

"This world changes people, how did they even find the prison?" He asks and I shrug.

"Probable the same way all of you did," I say. "Why don't you want to trust them?"

"You can't trust anyone, anyone can betray you no matter how well you know them,"

"Then I feel bad for you, not once have I felt like that," I say before walking into the cell block leaving Carl alone outside.

"Clementine, I was wondering if you could give these clean sheets to Kenny and Sarita?" Carol asks. "I was going to but Rick said we should let them settle in and try not intrude,"

"Okay," I say taking the sheets out of her hands and heading to their cell.

When I am just outside the cell door I hear them talking quietly.

"Sarita I can't do this anymore, Clementines here we need to rethink this," Kenny whispers and I hear Sarita sigh.

"I know Kenny but they'll kill her if they find out we're hesitating," Sarita says. "You know they won't hesitate,"

"We could find another way to get Haley back, theirs got to be,"

"Kenny it's our only choice, we could save Clem if she's new here maybe they'll let her go,"

"Well shit, that seems like a bit of a big if," Kenny says his voice beginning to rise.

"Whose Haley?" I ask stepping into the cell and they both turn to look at me. Sarita goes to talk but Kenny cuts her off.

"Haley is Sarita's sister she use to live around here, we were hoping to try and find her," Kenny says quickly and I nod.

"Oh okay,"

"So Clem, what's happen to you since Savannah?" He ask leading me out of the cell.

"I was with Omid and Christa for a while but then . . . Omid died then me and Christa got split up, then a group found me and took me in but they all died to . . . Me and AJ were on our own for a while then Rick found us," I says my eyes watering over remembering everyone I've lost.

"I'm sorry Clem, I'm guessing Lee didn't . . ."

"No . . . I had to shoot him," I say as tears run done my face slowly.

"Oh Clem, I miss him too when I saw you, I just waited for Lee to walk up behind you and then . . . We'll I guess I'm going to have to keep waiting right?" He says before sighing. "Don't know how many times I've wished he was here, he just knew had to keep us together everything just fell apart after he was bit,"

"Kenny you just have to see this," Sarita called from the main cell block and he raises an eyebrow.

"Wonder what that's about," He says and I shrug as we walk into the main cell block to find Sarita kneeling over AJ and Judith.

"Well I'll be damned"

"Kenny look babies, I've not seen a baby since . . ." She says before stopping and turning to Beth. "Who's children are they?"

"Judith is Ricks daughter . . . Her mom died a few months ago and AJ came to the prison with Clem," Beth explains and I nod.

"Guessing the boys Christa and Omid kid?" Kenny asks but I shake my head
"Christa lost the baby, AJ's mom was at my last group," I say. "She died too,"

"Well . . . He got his new family right?" Kenny says lifting AJ up, who giggles happily.

"Right,"

QOTD
Christa and Omid or Kenny and Sarita?