Chapter 18

As we made our way further into the lab everyone just looked at all the snakes and lizards. I could tell you now that the only thing that was on my mind was my Raptors.

A door slammed open and people started putting test tubes into a cold freezer box and we just stared at them.
"What are you doing?" Claire asked.
"I'm afraid that's above your pay grade, honey." Hoskins spoke entering the lab.

"Fuck you! Fuck you! My fucking raptors are dead because of you! Hope your happy about what you've achieved!" I shouted at him and got right up in his face.

"I would step out of my face young lady." He said staring at me.

"What you gonna do hey? You gonna hit me? Go back to where ever you came from. If it wasn't for you my raptors would be alive." I gave him a glare and walked off I wasn't the one for violence but I did want to hurt him. I joined Zach's side and put my head in his shoulder.

"Where's Henry?" Claire asked. Zach pulled me into a corner and gave me a hug.

"Dr. Wu, he works for us." Gray poked his head out from behind Owen stepped forwards a little.

"That's not a real dinosaur." He said looking at the screen of how the Indominous was made.

"No, it ain't, kid. But somebody's gotta make sure that this company has a future. Imagine, that one, a fraction of the size, deadly, intelligent, able to hide from the most advanced military technology. A living weapon unlike anything we've ever seen. You see... Millions of years of evolution, what did we learn? Nature is just a gift that..." Growling was heard and Echo jumped in.

"Oh, shit!" Hoskins shouted and started to back away. "Easy. Easy boy. Easy. Hey, hey." Owen started pushing us backwards away from the Raptor, I wasn't scared of Echo at all.

"We're on the same side, right? Right?" Hoskins put his hand up in front of Echo and I cringed, that was gonna be bitten right off. "Easy. I'm on your side." Echo opened her mouth and smashed her jaws right onto Hoskins arm, I knew it was gonna happen and I cringed.

He screamed and we all started to run off while Echo finished him off. I looked back and blood splattered all over the window, my dad just shoved me out the room and we both started running.

"No, boys. Boys, this way. Come on." Claire said as we ran out of the lab we started heading in one direction but Echo smashed through the glass making us all jump. We turned the other way and started to run while Echo ran behind us.

The floor was really slippy and it was hard for me to keep up, we raced through many rooms until we reached the main visitors centre. Gray pressed the hologram button and a dinosaur popped up giving us more time to get the door open.

Echo started growling at this hologram obviously trying to find a way to scare it off. Zach and Owen shoved the doors open and we started to race down the stairs, my dad stopped sharp and Blue jolted towards us.

Echo came from behind us and started stalking slowly towards us, Delta suddenly appeared and we were now surrounded by Raptors. I walked slowly next to my dad and stared at Blue.

"That's how it is?" My dad asked Blue, my dad dropped his gun in front of Blue so she knew he wasn't a threat, I did the same.

My dad slowly put his hand up and I cringed again, I hated when people did that because I could just imagine his hand getting bitten right off. Blue growled making us jump a little.

She jolted her head towards him but he wasn't afraid. "Easy. Easy." He started to slowly move his hand towards the side of her head so she knew what he was going to do. "Easy."

He slowly unclipped her camera and let it drop to the floor then moved his hand away from her face. "That's it." He whispered. A loud growl came from the corner, Blue snapped her head around and out came the I-Rex and now I was terrified.

The ground shook as it stalked towards us, it started growling and communicating with the raptors and Blue turned to look at us. She gave a low growl, looked at the I-Rex and screamed at it.

The I-Rex screamed back at Blue lifted its arms and threw Blue into a wall, she just laid their helplessly.

"Blue!" I cried and a tear ran down my face. Echo and Delta both growled at the I-Rex. My dad whistled and they both charged towards it. They both attacked her biting chunks out of her skin, Claire and the boys ran to find shelter and I ran to Blue.

My dad stayed and tried to shoot the I-Rex down. My dad looked at me and started filling up his gun.

"Stay low!" He mouthed to me.
"Okay." I started to stroke Blues head slowly. She started breathing but she wasn't fully conscious. "Come on baby." I looked up just as the I-Rex grabbed Delta and chucked her into a grill. It went up in flames and she was burnt alive.

I cried helplessly as I watched her burn. Another beautiful creature died because of a hideous monster that humans created.