Chapter 11

"This way." Zach said and started heading towards a pitch black area. We walked close to the wall stepping on leaves as we walked making them rustle and crunch.

We came across paintings of dinosaurs on the walls, although the walls had many cracks and looked quite rough the paintings were still perfect. As we walked along I spotted a painting of a Parasaurolophus and a Apatosaurus.

Zach stopped and put his hand on a painting but I couldn't quite see what it was. "Char look at this." He smiled as he called me over. I moved from behind Gray and stood next to Zach, he had his hand over a painting of a Raptor.

I smiled and for some reason a tear rolled down my face. I was worried about my dad and I missed my raptors, the detail in the painting was incredible and it looked like one of the raptors from the old park.

Raptors are truly beautiful creatures.

I put my hand on top of Zach's and I looked up at him and he smiled. I took one last look at the painting then started to move along, that picture bought back memories and I didn't want to have a breakdown. Zach followed behind me but then stopped.

"Gray!" He sort of shouted and Gray gasped out of fright and ran over to us.
"The picture is beautiful isn't it?" I asked Gray.

"I really like it, it reminds me of you." He looked up at me and smiled and I wrapped my arm around him.

We continued down the pathway full of paintings and as we reached the end it carried into another room. As we stepped in the natural light filled our eyes.

The room looked like some kind of garage, it was stored with helmets, jackets, tools and loads of other junk.

Gray picked up some goggles and switched them on, they started to zoom in and he jumped making me giggle. He ran over to the jeep that Zach was lingering over, it was rusty and looked so old.

"1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, Sand Beige." Gray spoke and Zach looked at him in depth.

"You remember when we fixed up Grandpa's old Malibu, right?"
"Yeah." Gray replied knowingly.
"There is no way you are gonna be able to fix this piece of scrap metal." Zach just raised his eyebrow and laughed at me.
-
We moved the car out into the open so the boys could study it in more detail. Zach grabbed the old battery out of the old car, I was watching carefully when I heard a twig snap which caught my attention.

"You think it's out there?" Zach asked. Zach just looked at both of us and Gray started to breath heavily.
"I mean, I know for a fact it is definitely not out there, all right? We're totally safe." Zach attempted to calm his little brother down, Gray nodded and try to reassure himself.

"Here, go take this." Zach passed the battery to Gray. "You're stronger than me." I smiled deeply at the boy I was slowly falling for, I understood that he had a girlfriend but every second I spent with him my feelings grew stronger. I just couldn't let him see this.

I saw Gray's face turn into a smile as he tightly gripped onto the battery, Zach grabbed some tools and started to work on the car while we stood and watched.
-
Gray and I had hopped in the car and I was sitting next to him. I saw Zach put down the tool and look at Gray.
"All right. Turn it over." Gray turned the keys and the engine roared up.
"Whoo!" Zach cheered.

"It works!" Gray cheered. I hopped out the seat and hugged Zach.

"Well done. Sorry for doubting you." I smiled and he hugged me back tightly.
"It's okay." He smiled. He hopped in the drivers seat and I sat on his knee then shut the door behind me. He put a seatbelt around us both and I had to squish near the door so he could put his hands on the wheel.

"I thought you failed your driver's test." Gray spoke.

"No, only the driving part." Zach smiled away at his own joke and I couldn't help but giggle. He started to speed along through the jungle.
"If you crash I swear to God." I laughed.

"I won't trust me." I raised an eyebrow at him. "At least I'll try not to." He said making us all chuckle.