Chapter 5

After getting off the monorail we decided to go on the Gyrosphere. Gray was fine now but things between me and Zach were very awkward.

"Did you know the soft tissue is preserved because of the iron in the dinosaur's blood generates free radicals, and those are highly reactive. So, the proteins and cell membranes get all mixed up, and act as a natural preservative. DNA can survive for millennia that way. See, now, even if the amber mines dry up, they'll still have bones..."

"Shut up." Zach said, staring at the girls who were waiting in line. Now he stepped over the mark, he is so horrible too his brother and I certainly couldn't live with him.

"Zach stop being so rude!" I raised my voice trying to embarrass him.

"What do you think's gonna happen from you just staring at them?" Gray said and the girls started laughing. I secretly high-fived Gray and we both laughed.

"Thanks, man." Zach said sarcastically.
"You're welcome." Gray replied.
"See what happens when you don't listen to your brother." I chuckled.

"Charlene you can shut up for starters I don't even know why your here." Zach said.

"Give it a rest will ya, try and stop being so stroppy all the time." I spoke as we reached the front of the que.

"Enjoy the ride, wait excuse me there's only space for two on this ride." I looked at the person and raised an eyebrow. "Oh Charlene. You looking after them? Okay I'm sure there's space in the middle somehow." I smiled and climbed into the Gyrosphere.

I sat in the middle between Zach and Gray the only problem was I didn't have a seatbelt. Oh well. Nothing bad could happen, right? The Gyrosphere started going and Zach had a good look around.
-
As we reached the field the video started up and I just sat there and didn't pay attention.

"Where are they?" Gray asked. Yeah where were the animals.

"I don't know, they're normally all out and about? What's going on?" Suddenly I heard the sound of a triceratops and a brachiosaurus.

"Oh, man." Zach said.
"There they are." I smiled and Gray's face lightened up. "They're beautiful, just look at them." I even felt a sense of joy. The monitor started beeping and a women's voice came on.

"Due to technical difficulties all our exhibits are now closed. Please disembark all rides and return to the resort." Gray sighed.

"Come on, we can stay out a couple more minutes."

"Zach, I'm not too sure. They normally send that message out when something is seriously wrong. Maybe it's just an asset out of containment?" I warned.

"Your always telling me to lighten up, come on. Have a bit of fun. Don't be boring." He smiled.

"But they said it was closed. What if Char is right?" Gray said.
"Aunt Claire gave us special wristbands, right? We're VIP, dude. Come on. It'll be fun."

"Wow..." I said in disbelief.
"Shh." I heard Zach say. He grabbed the pedal and pushed it forwards and we were racing along the field.

The dinosaurs decided to race along with us making the ground shake. As the dinosaurs ran ahead of us Zach slowed the ride down.

We travelled along at a steady pace when Zach's phone started to ring. He reached into his pocket and swiftly answered it.

"Hey, Claire." He paused for a bit. "I can't really hear you. We're in the hamster ball." He looked at me and raised his eyebrows. "Hello? Hello? Hmm." He looked down at his phone and gave me a puzzled look.

"No service?" I asked.

"Nope. Do you have your phone on you?"

"Yeah, let me check my signal. Stop a minute." Zach let go of the pedal and I grabbed my phone out of my pocket. I only had a tiny bit of service.

"You should call your dad." Gray said.
"Yeah, I should." I dialled his number and it rung about 3 times until he answered.

"Hello, Char where are you?" I put my phone on loudspeaker.

"In the Gyrosphere with Zack and Gray. What's going on?"

"Gods sake what are you doing out there? Hang on a second I've got a pro..." The phone line started to go fuzzy and I could no longer hear what he was saying.

"Dad... Dad? Crap!" I shouted and put my phone back in my pocket.
"Chill. It's probably fine." Zach said.
"My dad sounded pretty worried." I replied worryingly.

"I'm sure it's nothing. Just stay calm. If anything does happen we've got each other."

"Your right, your right."
"Let's just enjoy the rest of the ride." He smiled at me and put his hand in mine and gave it a squeeze.

This boy's personality changed like the weather, one minute he hated me and now he's got his hand in mine. This kid is definitely bipolar.