Chapter Two

"So uhh.." I said to break the silence. "Are you guys going to stay up? Or should I go.. Or?"

"I wont be able to sleep now." Derek shot me a glare.

What happened to the caring Derek from like 10 seconds ago. I liked him better.

"Can I stay until school then..?" I asked.

"The televisions downstairs, around the corner." He replied confirming I could stay.

Considering this "house" was really only half there, it was simple to find the remainder of the living room area. I clicked on the t.v and flipped through the channels, leaving it on Step Brothers on HBO. Derek walks in, disregarding my entire existence. He heads straight for his pull up bar and pulls off his shirt. Jesus. Christ. He. Has. The. Body. Of. A. Sex. God. Great. Now I'm fangirling over him. What has gotten into me. I must've blushed or something because he just looked at me and smirked. After actually working out for a while he began to show off. I couldn't help but glance from the screen to sneak a peak at his abs. I refocused my attention to the tv. I icouldn't like stare at him. That's just weird. Im not gay. Right? Oh well. He seemed to have gotten bored of showing off, slipped back into a shirt and sat at the other end of the couch. The lull of the movie sent me to sleep. It didn't last long enough. The memories came rolling in.

"Dad hurry mommy is waiting!"

"I know lets go kiddo."

"Hi honey." Dad called into moms room.

"Hi my loves." She greeted us.

"We came by to say how much we love you," He sadly stated. "and Stiles made you something." He added on a proud note.

It was a small keychain made of wood, I carved our names and the words "FAMILY IS FOREVER" shakily into it. She hung it on the chain necklace with her emergency button.

"Now its perfect." She grinned. " I love you guys so much. More than you'll ever know."

The coughing happened. The blood returned spoiling the white room.

"Mommy we love you too. Mommy breathe!!!! MOMMY WE NEED YOU!!!!!" I screamed.

"HELP SOME ONE. MELISSA!!! SHES DYING!!!" Dad yelled.

I woke up screaming "NO! NO! NO!" I was bawling. Derek stared at me in shock as sobs raked my body. I was suddenly being held by Derek. I couldn't stop wailing. He swayed me back and forth shushing me. When I moved from heavy sobs to just tears he didn't let go.

"It was only a nightmare. Not real. No no no." He attempted to soothe me.

"It wasn't a nightmare." I looked him in his eyes, they were soft with sympathy. "It was a memory."

His eyes grew distant.

"Derek?"