Dinner.....date?

Josh's POV:

I hope that Stephanie got the paper. I hope that she doesn't think I'm weird. I shouldn't have done that, that was really stupid of me. I went to my room in the hotel and laid on the bed and turned on the TV. I was exhausted, and hungry, those auditions took forever.

I can't believe that I got a callback for Jack, out of all the kids there, I Josh Burrage, got a callback for Jack Kelly in the musical Newsies. I just really hope that I get into the show. My phone starts to ring, probably my mom asking if I'm ok,and how the auditions went. I grabbed it, but it was an unknown number. So I answered it, not really caring about who it was if I didn't know them.

"What", I snapped at the person on the other side of the phone when I answered it.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I must have the wrong number." Oh my gosh it's Stephanie.

"Stephanie?", I asked the person on the other side of the phone.

"Um, yes who is this?"

"This is Josh.... the bacon kid."

"Oh, I'm so glad that it's you, I thought you might have given me a fake number or something."

"Nope, it's just me, so whats up?"

"Well, Ryan, Tommy, and I were going to go eat at a restaurant near the theater,and I was wondering if you would like to come."

"Yes of course!" I answered, did she just ask me out? On a date? Or as a friend?

"RYAN! STOP HITTING TOMMY WITH THE PILLOW, FIND A DIFFERENT PAIR OF SOCKS TO WHERE!", Stephanie was screaming at Ryan, then I heard Ryan whine in the background say, " But those are my favorite pair", and Stephanie responded him with, " OH WELL, SUCK IT UP."

"Sorry about that", Stephanie apologized.

I laughed, "So where are we meeting?"

"You can just send me your address and we will pick you up in about 20 minutes."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah it's fine, and just wear something dressy casual."

"Alright! See ya there!"

"Bye Josh!"

I hung up and jumped on the bed I am going to dinner with LEGENDARY NEWSIES!!!!! I ran to my suitcase and pulled out my dark jeans and my red, white, and blue button down shirt. I ran to the bathroom, out on my clothes, brushed my hair, and put on deodorant.

I called my mom, who was stuck in traffic and told her that I was going to dinner, she said she was proud of me and we hung up and I waited anxiously by the door.

Stephanie's POV:

I hung up and smiled I'm so glad that he said yes, because that could've gone very badly. I ran to the kitchen where Ryan and Tommy sat across each other on the opposite sides of the table giving each other death started. Ryan had a sock in one hand, and Tommy had a sock in his.

I walked over to the drawer, grabbed a pair of scissors, walked over to Ryan, snatched the sick out of his hand and cut it.

"NOOOOOOO", Ryan cried falling on the floor.

Tommy stood up and starting laughing at Ryan, I quickly grabbed that sick and cut it to, Tommy just shrugged and continued laughing at Ryan.

"Guys, come on, can yall please just get y'all's shoes on so we can leave and go to dinner?", I asked them.

"Yeah, you get in the car and we will meet you", Tommy told me.

I looked in the mirror one last time, I was wearing jean shorts and a nice shirt, I had my hair pulled back in a ponytail, and I had a wristlet that contained money, my phone, and I picture of Amelia, my mom, and I. I wanted to make sure I looked nice, I didn't like Josh, at least I don't think I do, but I want to look presentable.