Chapter 14 - A Day With Hahn

Another day has passed as I continued to munch on those veggie bars that me and Aang were sharing. Sokka was getting irritable. We were around the Arctic sea. I was practically starving to death by only eating those stupid bars and Sokka was feeling the same as I was.

Waterbenders in canoes started coming closer to us which I smirked, but then was replaced by a shudder of the cold wind rushing through.

After forcing Appa into the water and freezing the water around him, they escort us to the Northern Water Tribe capital. We gaze around the wondrous ice city and I take a glance of Sokka, who spotted Yue, the Ice Princess. I smirked at him. I kinda feel bad for Suki though, knowing that they were supposed to be together as well.

They finally escort us to a feast in honor of the arrival of the Avatar and then us who were behind him. I sat between Aang and Sokka, which Katara was on the other side of Aang. I see that Aang asks Master Pakku for some waterbending lessons. I look over at Sokka who is trying to make small talk with Yue. Time to make my move!

"Hello, Princess Yue. It is an honor to meet you. I am River Moon. I hope that we can become great friends," I bowed curtly at her, which she smiled back in gratitude.

"And an honor to meet the Avatar's best friend," she bowed back politely. I saw that in the corner of my eye that Sokka was growing a little red in jealously. Perfect!

"My friend, Sokka, from the Southern Water Tribe also wishes to seek friendship with you. He is, of course, a ladies man, and would love to get to know you better since he's really funny. He was talking to me earlier on how beautiful you are and I can relate. You have beautiful skin that I wish I could have." I grinned which made her blush.

"I think that's sweet of him," she smiled.

"He can be sweet at times. . . I'm sure you two would make great friends if nothing more. Well, I must be going now, Yue. It was lovely talking with you and I hope we can meet again before we end up leaving to find an earthbending Master. Goodbye," I waved before walking away.

"Goodbye," she smiled and waved back, before her turning towards Sokka.

Mission Accomplished.

I walked out, wrapping the nice coat around my body tighter that nice women gave me. Suddenly, I bumped into someone, almost making me fall down if the person didn't catch me with strong arms. I looked up to meet small blue eyes.

"I-I'm so sorry, I didn't see where I was going and I-"

"It's alright. I'm Hahn." the boy stated, helping me stand up straight.

"I-I'm River," I replied back. Haven't I heard his name somewhere before? But where?

"You look like you're not from here. Nice color of hair though, is it natural?" he asked. I nodded my head. He hair was black and went to his chin and his skin tone was dark olive. He looked like a serious man which his face was shaped to make him look serious and like a warrior. He must've been by the way his muscles were large.

"Well, you don't see that everyday. Wait a minute-- you're with the Avatar!" he gasped in realization.

"Yes, I suppose you're right. I came with Avatar. We're really good friends and all but I've been with him a long time as we travel a lot." I stated.

"Wow, I never left the tribe. What's it like traveling from place to place?" he asked.

"Well, I've been to Kyoshi Island, and I met the Kyoshi warriors. That's the first place I went. I met up with them and they taught me a few things before I got to fight the stupid fire prince, and I kicked his butt," I giggled.