Chapter two - New Friends

Chapter 2 - New Friends

We had just made it to the Western air temple. I'm not going to like this. Aang excitingly got off Appa and landed safely on the ground with some air bending. I hopped off behind Sokka and Katara. They knew it too.

Aang let's us catch up to him, and we begin walking. We look around. Snow is melting a little, but still is covering up good bits of the place. To hide everything from the Fire Nation. As we walk by, Aang notices something and makes us all stop.

"Oh Sokka, you got to try this game. It's fun!" Aang shouted. Sokka agreed. Minutes passed. Aang won 7 points and Sokka, 0. He got knocked off the first round. It looked hard to play too. Sokka finally gives up. I notice a Fire Nation helmet and warned Katara.

"We have to tell him." I said. She nodded in agreement.

Sokka walked by towards us and see's the helmet as well. Katara got his attention. Before he even saw the red spiky helmet, Katara uses her bending into making the snow fall on it, and Sokka too. "What is it?" Aang asks.

"Oh, just a new waterbending trick I've been working on!" Katara said guilty. I would have too, if I was in her place. We walk again towards the temple.

"You know you have to tell him sooner or later." Sokka says to Katara.

"Yeah, well I guess later." she said back catching up with Aang. That left me and Sokka in the back. Well... this is awkward? I smile and move along with the others. I sighed. Once were inside, Sokka keeps complaining about how hungry he is. It's making me hungry too! We reach up to two LARGE doors with pipes and patterns to get in. Sokka tries to push on the door as hard as he could.

"Eh! It won't open!" Sokka whines. "I need meat!"

"That's because there's a special way to open it. Only airbenders can open it and the key is through-"

"-wind." I said finishing the sentence. He smiled at me and I returned the smile. Then he took in a big breath through his nose and let it out through his mouth. He put his feet and hands into different positions and pushed air through the pipes. They turned over, and the door began to open. We walked inside.

Whoa, it's so much cooler in real life. We see stone figures of all Aang's past lives. I see Avatar Kyoshi! I walk up to her, and study everything. She really was tall. "That's Avatar Kyoshi." I said stunned. I point to the statue beside it. "And that's Roku!" I said. I looked past through his eyes. I saw something twitch. Like a little light, oh well. I move on pointing to random statues.

"That's Kuruk, and that's Yangchen!" I continued to go on.

"You know a lot of these." Sokka said in a sad way. Aw, he was still hungry.

" Yeah, I have my ways." I said looking around nervously.

"That's cool." He said not really in a happy way. I rolled my eyes. He is just upset because he doesn't have his precious food. I heard a noise.

"What was that?" Katara asked.

"Sh, it's probably Fie Nation. Hide!" Sokka said. They all hid behind stones, except me.

"River, get behind the stones!" Aang whisper-shouted.

"Why, it's just a lemur?" I asked. The lemur came out right beside me. Aang and Sokka rushed up to it.

"Meat!" Sokka said licking his lips.

"Friend!" said Aang. They gave each other the look of competition. The lemur started running away, and they were chasing it.

"Ugh, boys." I said.

"Tell me about it." She replied rolling her eyes. We started exaiming the statues again. Hm, I wonder who the first one was? I started to climb the temple. I could never reach the top. It was way too far up. They really should invent elevators. I went up a couple more people. Once I reached a good height, I began looking at them.