Chapter 7 - Illusions

Okay, so I recently found out I was a bender. But which? I was utterly confused, and I wanted to know, now. I definitely knew that I wasn't the avatar, that would be merely impossible. Zuko has still been doing tests on me, and I've been questioned quite a lot, frankly.

I wanted to go out, and be with my other friends. I miss them so much. I want the wind flowing in my hair, flying in the sky on Appa. How many day's has it been, I'm guessing 12? I needed to tell them urgently, but I wish I could escape, but I wanted to stay by Zuko's side too.

I folded my legs on the ground in a sitting position, practicing my chi. Zuko and Uncle have been doing the same; I wasn't really focusing. I really should be though, I need to get better at my bending, when I figure what it is. I kept my mind focused on meditating, I had to get the hang of this and start practicing my bending, or I'll never master anything at all, despite the fact of Aang is still learning the other elements to master all four of them.

Time flies by later through the day, and Zuko is arguing with his lieutenant. I watch close behind to see that the man is having a conversation with Uncle, talking about when Zuko was young, his father banished him and could not return unless he had captured the Avatar to gain back his honor. Iroh ended his story with him by saying," I looked away," for the fire lord giving his son cruel punishment to learn respect.

Then there was a loud bang of what seemed to be lightning, Zuko, Iroh, the lieutenant, and me, ran up the ladder and watch as a storm was rocking the ship back and forth in a rapid motion. Iroh asks where we were hit, and we see the helmsman hanging from the bar and we help him up, and Iroh redirects the lightning that was about to struck again, pointing at the ocean.

Off into the distance, I saw a smaller ship than ours, falling apart from the storm. I notice Sokka with a fishermen, and Aang and Katara on Appa in the distance helping them, and they go right past us.

" What do you want to do?" the lieutenant asks Zuko. After a brief pause he replies, " Let him go." I smirk. I've been out here long enough, and I think I might catch a cold. It's very possible, and this storm is making it a whole lot worse.

" We will need to go to the eye of the storm," Iroh stated with a smirk on his face. Later on we reach the eye of the storm and we are now safe. Zuko apologizes to uncle and he accepts it with a smile. Seconds later, Appa bursts out of the water in front of the ship, and Zuko and Aang look at each other for merely a second. Then he looks at me, then he gasps. I smile looking back at Zuko still smiling.

He nodded, and I went into the sky. I've been practicing a lot to figure what I was, and I suddenly began flying the other day. I flew higher till I landed with a thump onto the saddle, sighing in relief as I saw my friends. They looked like they just went swimming.

" River!" they shout constantly in unison. Appa soars through the clouds higher till we reach above them.

" Katara, Aang, Appa! I missed you guys-oh you too, um, was it Sokka?" I joke, giggling.

" We missed you too, River!" they shout louder embracing me tight.

" River, um. You seemed to not come back to us, or follow us. You smiled at him before you jumped to us. Are you friends with Zuko, are you going to come back to him? You looked really friendly towards him." Katara asked which made me blush. How do I reply to that?

" W-who is s-s-she?" the fishermen asks stuttering from the cold and wetness. His clothes clinging to him, and his skin tan and wrinkly. He looked about 60 years old, but had a little grumpiness in his aura.