Chapter 5 - This Isn't Betrayal? Is it?

I yawned waking up. I stretched out my arms, when I just hit something... I opened my eyes and turned my head to something groaning. Or someone?

I gasped. I hit Zuko!

I got up, and ran over to help him stand.

"Zuko! I didn't realize. I-I-I.... Yeah, I got nothing..." I said as I couldn't think of a simple apology. Wait, was he watching me sleep? Then I hit him in the back of the head.

"OW!"

"PERVERT!"

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKI-"

"Why the hell were you watching me sleeping? Huh? Are you Edward Cullen or something?" I shouted. "That's creepy, dude! Would you like it if I stared at you while you slept? No! I wouldn't think so. So don't stare at me or you'll get hurt!"

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Zuko was doing his practicing completely ignoring me. I was watching him, admiring his techinques and reflexes. It was all so sudden, but so beautiful when fire escaped everywhere. I smiled admiring it like it was a small show. I wish I could do that...

I watched as he did a back flip and wave his hand around making the fire bigger. He threw them in the sky like he was punching the air. It was amazing! I didn't know that fire was so beautiful in the show? I wish I could do that!! In this world, I'm only a non-bender. I could already tell that Zuko doesn't like me, but that could change? Right? We need to be friends, and I need to get him encouraged to be on team Avatar.

He walked over to me. Was it over all ready? I smiled without a reason knowing why. I saw no expression on his face. You never really can.

"River, come with me." he said in a mono-tone voice. I gave a questioning look, but stood up without protesting. I didn't want to anger him. Wait, now that I mention it....

"Where are we going?" I asked. He sighed annoyed.

"I need to find Uncle. I don't trust anyone on my ship-"

"Wait! You trust me? Are you saying you trust me?" I asked quirking an eyebrow. He suddenly realized what he did and started blushing. Aw! Zuko blushed! It's about time!

"Um, no-"

"Aw! Zuko, you blushed! You do care!" I said bubbly and playfully hit him on the shoulder giggling like a girly-girl.

"No! NO I DID NOT BLUSH I JUST COULDN'T TRUST ANYONE ELSE ON MY SHIP AND YOU WERE MY ONLY OPTION LEFT BESIDES GOING ALONE!" He shouted. I backed my hands in surrender and evilly smirked. I mumbled a 'sorry'. We were already off of the ship and walking through the forest. I was getting bored.

"Let's play 20 questions." I said keeping up with his pace.

"What is 20 questions?" he asked.

"I ask you a question, then you answer. You ask me a question, and I answer. It keeps going till we reach 20." I demonstrated. He sighed in defeat. I wonder why? Maybe he was just bored.

"Fine, you go first."

"Okay, favourite color?" I asked.

"Red. What's yours?" he asked.

"Black, favourite element?" I asked making his answer obvious.

"Fire?" He chuckled rolling his eyes like it ws obvious, "Where are you from?" he asked. Make up a story, anything in the Avatar world.

"Well, I was born in a world called Earth." Why am I telling him this? He didn't even react. So, I continued. "Instead of nations, we had countries. I am from America." Why am I still continuing with this? "Instead of colonies, we have states and cities. I was born in a state called Kentucky, in a city called Lexington. I know this may be hard to believe, but just put it like I'm from another dimension..." I finished saying.