Duty calls

Reid's POV

"Can I talk to you Spencer?" Rose asks.

We've been talking with her mom for the past half hour and I could feel Rose shooting lasers through my face.

"Yeah." I nod and we go out back.

She stands there quietly with her arms crossed, tapping her foot, and facing away from me.

"You were really gonna leave? After last night?" She turns around her face has gone from pissed to disgust and sadness.
"What... I didn't mean it like that- I'm only supposed to stay- They finished a case and will probably have a new one soon... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." I babble before apologizing.
"I put myself out there and so did you. Don't become that guy that sleeps with every lonely girl and leaves in the morning." She says still clearly hurt.
"I can't stay forever. I have to go back to the BAU and do my job. We can FaceTime and I'll visit whenever I can. But I do have to leave." I say.
"I know I just don't want you to leave today." She says.
"Okay." I say.

We hug and go back inside. Rose's mother is still sitting on the couch but staring at something on the other end of the couch.

"Why is there underwear in the couch?" She asks.

My eyes widen and I look at Rose her face similar to mine.

"I did laundry this morning. I must have dropped them." She says and quickly grabs them.
"I think we should go out." I say.
"Yeah. I could eat. Mom there's this one place I think you'll really like." Rose says.
"Ooo goody!" Her mom says grabbing her purse as we go outside.

We go to a 60s themed diner and order our food. Rose leaves for the bathroom. It's quiet for a minute.

"So Dr Reid?" Rose's mother asks not sure if it's correct I nod. "Why did you decide to stay with Rose until I came back?"
"I felt that it was the right thing to do. I felt bad I didn't stop the whole thing from happening." I tell her honestly.
"How do you feel about my daughter?" She asks and I'm taken aback.
"What-what do you mean?" I ask.
"I'm not stupid. I know you two are an item. What are your plans for my daughter?" She asks.
"I want to keep her safe." I say.
"Well you haven't done that good of a job so far have you?" She says.
"So what did I miss?" Rose asks sitting at the table.

I sit there in shock and disbelief this sweet lady had just said that. Was she blaming me for Rose getting kidnapped?

"Nothing we were just getting to know each other." Mrs. Clark says kindly and I nod my head.

I don't say much during lunch unless asked/talked to directly. I'm so flustered by Mrs. Clark's incrimination.

Back at the BAU

"We have a new case..." JJ starts the meeting.

They have a serial killer in Las Vegas and we were called in to help find the UnSub.

"This last victim was found on the bridge in nothing but her underwear." Garcia starts. "All three had been raped and stabbed repeatedly, but they had several bullet wounds also."
"So they had been shot?" Morgan asks.
"Yes but there were no bullets in the body." JJ says. They all look at their copy of the file again.
"Victimology?" Rossi asks.
"They're all women." Morgan says.
"They all have some kind of mental illness." Garcia points out.
"Like what?" Hotch asks.
"Ashley Jones was bipolar, Destiny Klein had depression, and Hilary White had an anxiety disorder... Oh." Garcia says looking at her laptop.
"What's oh?" Prentiss asks.
"They were all entertainers of some sort. Ashley was a celebrity impersonator. Destiny was an adult entertainer. Hilary was in a large symphony that traveled the area." Garcia tells them.
"So the UnSub is going for female performers with mental disorders." Morgan restates.
"Now we need to find out why. But we will do that on the plane. Call Reid and tell him where we're going and see if he is going to join us." Hotch says. "Wheels up in thirty. If Reid is coming we need to know before we leave so we can go get him a ticket down."
"Right away." JJ says and they all leave while she pulls out her phone.