Chapter 23

Alec's POV

I was up in the air. With Liam back, Rosalie seemed so happy. She was smiling and excited. I knew that she missed her family, I could see it in her eyes. Seeing her brother made her light up in a way I had never seen. It made me somewhat jeaous, to see that side of her come out to a person that was not me, but that jealously also lead me to guilt. How could I ever be jealous over her and her family. I had to keep reminding myself that soon she would look at me like that.

I knew that she cared for me. Soon I would get her to love me.

And if that wasn't tough enough, I also had to help her with dealing about what happened to her with her pack, which was some heavy stuff. I always knew she had some issues she hadn't worked through, but hearing them spoken out loud made me worried. I was uncertain if I could really help her. I decided the best thing that I could do for her was to love and support her and maybe soon she can deal with it.

We also had more things in common than I would have liked to admit. I had done a lot of things that I wasn't proud of either. Things I was ashamed of as well, but we could work through it. Mates are put together to love unconditionally and I was hoping that when Rosalie found out my secrets she would still accept me like I accepted her.

What I knew for sure was that I would protect her. If anyone from my old life or hers came calling I would take care of it. We were starting over, a new life together and I wasn't ready for someone to ruin it. Especially someone from my past.

I got up from the coach I was sitting on. Rosalie was still asleep and I was missing her soft blue eyes. When I had awoken I had just stared. I mean, while I had always seen mates fall in love, but I always believed I would be alone. Who would want a mate such as me? Now I find myself with the perfect mate, she may have a past, but who doesn't? She was smart, kind and so beautiful.

Soon I heard a rustling in the room. Her breathing increased as she slowly woke up. I heard a deep groan and realized I had started to grip the table. I had to restrain myself from running in to see her again.

"Girls need their space Alec, get yourself together!" I yelled at myself. I took a deep breath and decided to text Liam and ask if he was going to school. I took out my phone and he soon texted back saying that he had enrolled both himself and Juliet.

Soon I looked up to see Rosalie and I had to grip my teeth together to stop from my mouth dropping open. I quickly pulled a grin to cover it up. She looked absolutely beautiful.

The short shorts she was wearing revealed to me the long thin curves of her pale legs. She could not have looked more.... Hot.

What's the occasion?" I asked. She never dressed like this, ever.

"Nothing, I just felt like it." She said. I could tell she wasn't saying something, but I just disregarded it so I wouldn't spook her into dressing differently.

"So are we going to school or what?" She asked, and I got confused.

"Woah, I thought you were all, 'school is horrible, I can feel my soul dying' stuff?" She never wanted to go to school.

"Hm, I never said that." She said."Liam is going, and I can't wait to see him."

Something told me that wasn't it, but I kept silent and just rushed her out the door before she could change her mind about going.

Sorry it's short but I have most of the next chapter done and it should be much longer. This chapter was just to check in with what is going on in Alec's head. Soon we will get to the big stuff.