Chapter 1

*9 Years Later*

"Blaire." I heard a voice.
My eyes open up quickly. I look up to see who had called my name. Foxes.
"Blaire," she repeats my name. "Wake up."
I respond with a groan and pulled the covers over my head to avoid Foxes but she was still sitting on my bed.

"Blaire, you need to get up now before.." but I hear someone opening our bedroom door and interrupt my sister from speaking.
"Girls! Get dressed up already before I send your asses to the kitchen to make everyone breakfast!" The voice exclaimed. It was Courtney.

"Sorry, Courtney," Foxes replied. "It's just that Blaire had a rough night-"
"Um, sweetie, does it look like I care as to why Blaire is still in bed?!" Courtney shouted at my sister. "Plus, she's 16. I think she can tell me herself why she is still in bed. Then again I don't want to hear any excuses. Fifteen minutes to get ready and I expect you two in the cafeteria."

Once Country was done telling us what to do, she roughly shut the door. I was used to her rudeness. This wasn't new to me.
"Well sis, you heard Courtney. Now get up and let's get dressed."

As Foxes got up from my bed, I started to sit up. I rubbed my eyes and stared at the white tiled floor. I felt my bare feet touch the floor. It's cold, like this place, known as Silence the Noise. Cold like Courtney.

"You might wanna start picking what to wear while I wash myself up," said Foxes.
I nodded. "Sorry sis. I was just thinking a little. Nothing important, really." I look up at her. She smiles at me and opens the door to the bathroom.

I get up and head to the closet. Opening the doorknob, I look inside for some clothes. I spot some jeans and a red long sleeve shirt and I immediately reached for the clothes. I change into my picked outfit and once I'm finished, Foxes comes out of the bathroom. Her chocolate brown hair all wet and a damp towel covering her right hand.

"If you're ready sis, then let's go. I don't think you wanna cook breakfast for 40 other people." I laugh and head to the door.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"You think Courtney will load up a lot of work for us today?"Foxes asks me as we walk towards the elevator to the cafeteria.

"Yea," I reply. "Then again, she always does. Maybe it'll be worse today."
I hear a voice as Foxes and I reach the elevator.
"Blaire!" "Foxes!"
I turn around to see Sean running towards us. A smile started to form on my face.
"Hey Sean." I say.

His name is actually Big Sean but my sister and I call him Sean. He's 19 years old. A year older than Foxes. He has chocolate colored skin, a growing mustache and ear piercings. He's been working with Silence the Noise for 3 years and he's in charge of capturing girls to work for the organization.

I always thought of him as an older brother. As Sean reaches to me, he hugs me. I hug him back. After a few seconds, he lets go and hugs Foxes.

"Well, I think we should get going." I say as I push the elevator button. Foxes nods and lets Sean go. Then we all go in the elevator. I push the 2 button as the elevator doors close.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

When we arrive to the 2nd floor, I see a big line of girls waiting to get food. I look up at the big digital clock. 10:40. I sigh in relief. Exactly 15 minutes passed. Sean, Foxes and I head to the line. I look around the room and see Courtney talking to one of the girls. As I wait, I think back to the incident that occurred when I was 7 years old and Foxes was 9.

9 years ago, my sister and I got captured by Silence the Noise, an organization that has one main task. Destroy all music. Two men are hired every three years to capture girls from their families to work here. When girls turn 25, they're free.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turn my head to see Foxes. She points to the cafeteria lady holding a tray of food. Once I grab the tray I say thank you to the lady and walk towards an empty table. Sean and Foxes head towards the same table as soon as they grab their trays and sit. I look down at my tray. A glass of milk and french toast lays. I reach for the maple syrup that is set on the table and start eating.

I finish my breakfast almost too fast.
"Well you must've been hungry," Sean says.
I burp in reply. Foxes laughs, setting her glass of milk down. I smile at her. I see a figure behind Sean.
"Hey Sean, my man!" Exclaims the person behind him. It was 2 Chainz. Sean turns and shakes his hand.

2 Chainz is Sean's partner. He has the same skin and mustache as Sean. He also has long dreads and is always wearing sunglasses. I thought he was blind when he started working here until I realized that Courtney wouldn't hire someone blind to capture girls.

Foxes waves at him as she takes a bite out of her french toast. He waved back.
"Hey Chainz," I said to him. He stared at me. "How many times do I have to tell you to not call me that?" He asks. I excepted a hi back but I guess not.
"It's 2 Chainz, ok?" He says. I smiled and nodded. I either called him by his full name or just Chainz, but mostly Chainz.

He smiled at me and left to his own table. I look at Sean covering his mouth with his hand and faked a cough. He was probably hiding a laugh. I turn to look at Foxes whispering to a girl. As the girl leaves, Foxes turns to face me.

"I have to go. I probably won't be back till night." She tells me. I sigh. She reaches for my hand and squeezes it. She knows I hate it when she's gone for almost the entire day. Sometimes I'm the one gone for the entire day, but usually it's her. We go out to either buy supplies, clothes or food.

"Alright then. I'll see you later." I say to my sister. She hugs me and kisses my forehead. I didn't want her to let go but she had to. When she let me go, she waved at Sean as she got up from her seat.
"Be safe out there," Sean says. I watch as my sister walk to the elevator with the girl she was whispering to. I turn to my empty glass and tap on it. I look up at the clock. 11:02.

"Blaire," I hear Sean say. I turn to see Sean sitting next to me.
"There's something I need to show you."
"What is it? Is everything alright?" I ask. He was getting me pretty worried his voice was pretty serious and he usually doesn't use that tone.
"Meet me at the elevator of the 3rd floor at 3 o'clock ." He says. I nod. My eyes scan around the cafeteria and there's no sign of Courtney. Then I look up at the clock once again. 11:03.

"I'll see you later then." I say. Sean and I get up and place our empty trays on a bin next to a big trash can. Then we head towards the elevator. I hoped that whatever Sean was going to show me wasn't anything bad. I just needed 4 hours to pass by to find out.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

A/N: Hello! This is the first chapter of Death Valley. Hope you guys enjoy it and thanks for reading. ^·^