Blood Betrothed Book 4 Series of Entered

This title at the top may change

The demon possessing Samantha felt the little girl slip out of her grasp and she growled in annoyance. Then she glared at Dartanian as he held her arm, though she was still reeling from the punch to the stomach. She looked at all the people in the room, until her eyes lit on the form of Beryl. She recognized this woman and it made her nervous, since she knew she was in trouble. She could see her situation was desperate and she knew she would be made to let go of the queen. 

"Hello Freyja, it has been a long time since I have seen you. If I were to leave this host, where would you propose that I go? This woman is strong and I thought she would be the perfect host,"the demon spoke, a slight pout on her lips.

((Walking with her husband))

As soon as King stepped in and crudely fixed the situation, Adrienne yanked Yumi back towards Odell and Anju. She swiftly moved the children to the ballroom. Adrienne knelt before her two charges, she didn't know what to say to them, so she held them both close to her. She stroked the back back of the heads, finally she found her voice. Adrienne spoke softly and soothingly,"That wasn't your mother..." She continued to hold them close, "Your mother would never say such things to you. She loves you very much. Your mother is having an internal battle with something bad."

Adrienne kissed both of their foreheads, "You are good children, please don't cry anymore. I'll protect you." She picked up Odell and held him close, "I think we've had enough excitement for one night." With her other hand and took Yumi's still shaking one. She looked around the sparse ballroom, right now they needed comfort not music lessons. "Come along, we are going to the nursery." 

She knew they hadn't been in the nursery since Odell could sleep on his own, Adrienne wanted all the children in one spot. She closed her eyes as she walked them out of the large room, she was trying to get a fix on Nina. Adrienne located her with her Grandfather and she let out a sigh of relief. 'Good, she is ok.' Adrienne led the troop upstairs, she still held Odell. She knew he could probably walk on his own but Adrienne could still feel him shaking.

"I'm sorry you all had to see that." Adrienne looked sympathetically down at Anju, "Queen Samantha isn't normally like that. She is a very kind woman." She opened the door to the playroom. The air smelled old and thick, Adrienne led everyone into the room then set Odell down. She went to the window and opened it a little to freshen the room up a little bit. "Now, what would you like to do."

Normally at times like this, she would seek comfort from her bats but now without them at her side Yumi is in some emotional distress as she sat in the middle of the playroom. She had been talked to in both cruel ways by both her parents and she still is trying to process everything. Good thing Adrienne was able to keep a lid on everything as she comforted them, both her and Odell. Their sheltered life is slowly shattering as they are now seeing parts of the evil coming into their life that their parents and maids were so good at hiding from them. Yumi looked up at Adrienne, sniffling as she is trying to stop crying."Yumi doesn't know what to do. Yumi wants to do something a good girl would do for Mom and dad," she said, thinking that she did something wrong still to make her father snap at her like that. She still wondered how Sam is not her mother yet is her mother at the same and still didn't comprehend that a demon is trying to take over her mother's body. "Can Miss Adrienne show vampire magic?" Yumi said to Adrienne, wanting to see some vampire powers if possible. Maybe everyone could show a bit of what they can and take their minds off of what they witnessed for even just a bit of time.

The entire ordeal that played out before Arcana's eyes was beyond crazed and chaotic. Her light brown eyes had simply watched the entire occurrence as she refrained from speaking upon anything. There was no need for comments nor her actions since Dart had taken control of the entire predicament. It amazed her how a simple conversation in the library erupted into a massive showdown over control of a body. She removed her hand from underneath her chin and folded both of them on her lap. Arcana was taken back by the possession since it did not make sense as to why it occurred. She did not recal sensing a odd aura when she was by Sam earlier that day. Arcana felt the need to leave the room now as the anger in Dart began to rise quite quickly. She was about to prepare herself to leave until Miss Pike entered in with the children, with Anju.