Escaping

I ran though the forest as fast as I could, but it wasn't fast enough. Lord Theo came riding on a horse after me, and yelled something I didn't understand. I jumped into a tiny hole in the ground and made myself smaller.

"Emma? Where are you?" He said and jumped off the horse. "I can help you, you know." He tok a couple steps in my direction and tried to figure out where I was. "There's no one out the to take care of you anyway. And as I said, everyone in Everwald wants you dead." He kept wandering around for a while before he got on his horse again.

I could hear him get upset when he couldn't find me and turned to ride back to his aunts house.

"She ran that way!" I heard an old female voice yell a couple meters away. She pointed in a different direction than where I was and smiled in a very wierd way. Lord Theo nodded slowly and made his horse run incredibly fast in the direction she pointed.

I slowly crawled out of the hole and started walking against the old woman, to say thank you. She blinked a me and ran away from me. I ran after her for about a mile, until I lost track of her. I stopped and had a quick look around the forest. I thought of what had just happend, just to let reality sink in. It was something familiar with that woman, but I couldn't remember what.

I started running again, and hoped to reach the city of Everwald. And I didn't have to run far to reach it either. I stopped when I got to the streets and slowed down, so that I could blend in. Most of the people here were old men in armors. I remembered many of them from the battle I fought with my father. Many of them stared at me like I was food, others like I was a monster. I kept on walking until I got to the end of the street.

On the other side of the street, were a bar. It was full of drunk men and women, and dogs fighting. Outside the bar, there were three horses waiting for their owners to finish drinking. That's when I got the idea.

I approached one of the slowly and patted its neck.

"I'm gonna take you with me," I whispered and got up on the horse. I slowly turned the horse and walked away from the bar slowly ans silent. When I got quite far away from the bar, I made the horse run faster.

"Hey! Hey you! Come back with my horse!" I heard a man yell at me. I turned to se him running after me with his fists in the air.

I sped up ran out of the city in the direction of Greenwick.