All alone

I rode over hills and through many forests. Eventually I reached the woods of Greenwick. From here, I knew where to go to get to my fathers castle.

I smiled for a moment, but then I started thinking about what Lord Theo had said. Well, obviously I couldn't believe him, but something still didn't feel right. The air smelled different from the sweet, "Greenwick"-smell as I called it. It smelled burned, and bloody for some reason. My heart started beating faster, and I began shaking. If it's true what they he said, and Greenwick and it's people didn't exist anymore, where could I go? All had no other family than those in Greenwick.

A few minutes later, I could almost see the entire Greenwick. Or what's left of it. I couldn't make myself stop, I just kept on riding. I didn't want to accept that Lord Theo was telling the truth.

I stopped the horse when I got to where our castle stood a few days earlier. I took some small steps into the ruins. Tears flood down my face and made the cuts on my face sting.

I dropped to my knees and put my face in my hands. "F.. Father.." I whispered and looked up to the sky. More tears streamed from my eyes and made my quite dirty and distressed dress wet. I picked up several stones and threv them on the ground before me as hard as could. "I'm so stupid. I should have saved you, and Greenwick. If I would have seen the kidnapper, everything might have been different now. In a good way, of course." I cried, and tried to laugh at my last sentence, but couldn't.

I threw a couple more rocks at the ground, only now further away from me. I heard a small "klirr" as one of the rocks hit something of metal. I raised an eyebrow and stood up. There was a shiny object, maybe made of metal about ten meters away, but I couldn't se what. I slowly dried my tears away and started walking towards it.

When I got closer, I could see what it was.

"But.. How is that possible?" I whispered to my self and sat down next to it.