Hiding

"Where am I?" I asked the younger man. I was no longer in the dungeon, which was a good thing, but how did they get me here without me noticing it?

"You're in my aunt's house." The young man said. "And I am Lord Theo." I sat up and looked at him. He was much younger than I imagined, even though the woman in the dungeon said he was pretty young.

"L-lord Theo? Was it you? I mean.. Did you take me here?" I said and looked confused at him. I might have been wrong about it being an old grumpy man kidnapping me.

"No, it was I who kidnapped you." The angry man said and took a step forward. I was right, it was him who kidnapped me.

"But I told him to." The young Lord said and sat down next to me. "I've heard about your fighting skills, Emma." He smiled. "Or should I say Mylady?" He laughed and put his hand on my shoulder. Something just did not feel right about this whole situation.

I quickly moved away from him and looked scared at the two men. "How do you know my name?"

"I'm a close friend of one of your servants." He said and revealed his dirty, black teeth in an evil smile.

I shook my head in an atempt to deny reality. "I want to leave this town, Lord Theo." I tried to straighten my back to seem secure about all of this.

"I'm afraid you can't. You are safe here, but not out there. Everyone in Everwald hates you, for betraying us. They know about you, too, you know. They all know everything." The old man said in a low voice.

"Betraying you? I've never betrayed you, or anyone else. And, I've bearly fought in a battle. I got interrupted, if you know what I mean." I said and stood up.

"King Gavin haven't told you?" Lord Theo said.

"My father you mean. No, I don't think so. I've never heard anything about me betraying anyone." I said. I got a bit stressed, because this could be anything. Either Lord Theo was making something up, or my father was keeping something away from me.