Kidnapped

I opened my eyes to see nothing but brickwalls and large chains. I sat up to have look around in the room. It looked looked very much like a dungeon, but it couldn't be. 'I'm the king of Greenwick's daughter' I convinced myself.  

I tried to stand up, but was stopped by a bunch of chains and handcuffs. "What is this?" I yelled. 'I must be dreaming..' i thought and shook my head. 

A creepy laughter approached from behind me. The laughter was dark and frightening.  

"Who are you?" I screamed at him. I banged my hands against the wall to break the handcuffs, but only ended up in hurting my arms. I gave up and calmly . 

"I'm Lord Harry Brix. And who are you, little soldier lady?" He said with a harsh, mean voice. There was a hint of anger in his voice, and I could see why when i met his gaze. His face was completely covered in recent burns and blisters.  

"That does not concern you, 'Lord'" I said and looked the other way. That man freaked me out, just by looking at me. His face, his voice and his dark eyes brought up horrible memories in me. 

"No,, it doesn't. You're just a prisoner, that's all. And I'm just the only person who can get you out of this dungeon. I saw your skills out there on the battle field. You're good, girl! And now you're fighting for Everwald." he laughed. "Simple as that" 

"Oh no, you've got this all wrong. I fight for those I want to fight for. YOU can't tell me what to do 'sir'" I yelled at him. 

"Who else would you fight for?" He said and raised one eyebrow. It must have been very painful, since he lowered it right away and I could nearly see a small grimace on his face. 

A little shocket by his answer, I said "Ehm. I don't know." I tried to stand up again, but was interrupted by all the chains attached to my body. "Get these things off of me!" 

"Answer me first" He said and waited for me to answer. I didn't know if it was safe to tell him or not. I guess i felt like I had to, and that my father would fix all of this when I got back home to Greenwick. 

"Greenwick." I said and shivered a little. 

"You can't now, though." He laughed and turned around. He started walking away from the door into the dungeon. 

"What? Why would you say that? I just told you, I fight for those I want to fight for!" I said a bit louder than befor just to make sure he heard me.  

He turned around again and looked straight at me. "Greenwick no longer exist. After the battle, all soldiers were dead. Then we returned home. On our way, we saw fire coming from Greenwick. So we went back to see Lord Charlie Prinston's soldiers terrorising the city. We tried to stop them, but they were too many. We decided it wasn't worth losing more of our own." 

"But.. Did.. Did absolutely everyone die? And.. And why did Lord Charlie burn Greenwick down?" I didn't know what to believe. This man was just a stranger amd tells me everyone is dead and Greenwick is no more. 

"Everyone died. And Charlie only wanted revenge after your father betrayed him." He said. 

"My father? No he couldn't have done such things. But.. Hey! How did you know Gavin was my father?" I said. I couldn't believe my father was dead. I wouldn't believe it. Therefore, I didn't. 

The man put a cheeky grin on his face and left.