The Truth

Lord Theo looked a bit sad for a while. "King Gaving.. I mean.. your father hasn't told you yet?" He said and stood up. He walked towards the door and whispered something to the old man as he walked by.

"King Gavin Wylde of Greenwick has no children." He said and walked out the door, followed by the old man.

"But.." I tried to say, but I had no words. It could not be true, I have several memories.. Or actually, I had none. None from my early childhood. The first memory I had with my father, was when I was 12 years old. Still, I couldn't believe what the young man was telling me. I never believed strangers. Whatever happend, I never believed strangers.

I noticed that there were no one left in the room, and immediatly started looking for a way out of this house. Lord Theo had locked the door, so there were no way I could escape from here without making a lot of noice.

I saw that the window was open, but there were guards outside the house. I decided to give it a shot, and opened the window enough for me to get through. I put one foot after the other outside the window. There was a ling way down to the ground, but I was convinced that I'd find a way down.

Since there was a lot of trees close too the house, I managed to put my left foot on a branch just outside the window. There were three guards at the bottom of the tree, to keep me from escaping. I looked for a different way down, but didn't find anything.

I heard the door open and someone call my name. "Oh no.. Emma! Emmaa!" This was a voice I didn't remember hearing earlier. It was a light female voice.

I panicked for a little while and climbed to the stem of the tree. After a couple of minutes of intense thinking, I got an idea. But I had absolutley no clue if it would work or not.

I broke a branch and threw it at one of the windows at the other end of the house. It wasn't my intention to break the window, but when I saw the reaction of the guards, I realized it was a good thing it did.

They ran to the part of the house the sound of the broken glass came from. "She jumped! She jumped out the window!" They yelled and ran in different directions to find me.

I jumped down feom the tree and ran in a different direction from the guards. I knew that there were more people in the house, that would see her if she wasn't quick enough.