War

I sat nervous on my horse waiting for the Troops of Everwald to appear. The soldiers around me were shivering. They had heard about the fight between us and Everwald before, and it didn't end well. All of our soldiers were brutally murded and slaughtered. But my father survived. And ever since he came back, there had been rumors going around about dragons, witches and even massive, talking wolves fighting for Everwald. Nobody knew if any of these rumors were true though, because my father refused to say anything about that battle. I was the only person who knew why, but I couldn't tell anyone. I didn't want to either, it was just too awful. And I knew this battle would be the same.

"Nervous, hot stuff?" The man on my left side yelled at me. He grinned and laughed to himself.

I looked over at him and gave him an angry look. "Stop calling me that." I said. "And no, I'm not. I know you are though.. Wimp."

"Ey!" He shouted and threw a rock at me. The rock flew right past my face and hit my fathers arm.

"Who was that?" He asked me. I answered by pointing at the gross pervert next to me. The man was clearly terrified. "One more time, and I'll kill you." My father said.

"But i didn't aim at you, I.. Nevermind" he said, as if he knew that throwing a rock at me was a lot worse to my father than throwing a rock at him.

"Here they come." The troopleader said. "Get ready for a tough fight!" He put his heels in the side of the horse to make it run.

I did the same, and drew my sword. I wasn't quite ready yet, but I no longer had a choice. The battle had begun.

I went faster and faster towards the enemy team until i reached the first one of their soldiers. I aimed my sword at his neck and let the blade fall down at him. His helmet rolled off his body with his head inside of it.

It didn't feel good killing someone. It felt really bad, and made me feel horrible. But I had to shut all feelings out for these hours. And if I didn't, I'd get myself killed.

I rode a bit longer before I met a new soldier. This time i penetrated his chest with my sword. I could see blood running from his armor.

I suddenly heard a scream. And this time it didn't come from a human. It came from Odelia. "No!" I screamed as i realized she was hit by an axe. She fell down to the ground, and I jumped off. "Odelia, don't die!" I cried. I could see she was in pain. Then, her eyes became more and more lifeless. I had to leave her now. And keep myself alive.

An arm grabbed me from behind and hit a rock against my head. Then everything went black.