Fighter

"Finally! I've been waiting for you." My father said without even looking at me. He was busy putting his dark gold armor on.

"Are you going to war, father? Why didn't you tell me?" I cast a glance at the servant, which was holding up a helmet of pure silver for him to put on next.

"Why should I have told you?" He said and put his hand on my shoulder. "It's not like you're joining me or anything." He laughed and took the helmet out of the servant's hands.

I took a large breath and drew my sword and stared at him. "Actually, I am." I said. "I'm a better soldier than a lot of the men in your troops, father. I know how to fight. And you know that very well."

He nodded and stared down at the floor. "I know." He looked at me for a second, and then he started to put his helmet on. "I decide if you are coming along with me to Everwald. You're not."

"You're not able to stop me." I said.

He turned around to see me with my armor on. I could see anger in his eyes, but he didn't say anything. He just took a few steps towards me and put his arms around me. "I.. I don't know what to say." He sat down on a chair beside me and closed his eyes. He put his head in his hands and breathed slowly. "Just... Be careful, Emma. I don't want you to end up dead."

"I'm not going to die today." I sat down next to him and held his hand. "I'll be fine."

I stood up and started to walk out of the room. When I got to the door, i turned to see my father for what could be the last time. It took a deep breath and closed the door. Then, I started heading towards the stable.

I had 2 horses of my own, but only one of them was trained to handle a war-situation. The other one was still too young.

I put the saddle on the battle-trained horse, Odelia, and led her out of the stable. She didn't seem to get stressed out by all the people runing and shouting around them. I did, though.

Large, muscular men were throwing swords and axes at targets several meters away. They were all wearing large armors with clearly visible signs of previos battles. Some even had scars covering most of their faces.

"We'll get through this, Odelia." I said as i patted her neck. I was quite nervous, but at the same time exited. This would be the first time I ever fought in a real battle. And hopefully not the last time.