Chapter 23

---------------------------------------

3RD PERSON

----------------------------------------------------------

"I'm not just letting you leave them." Stiles said.

"You have no choice Stiles, you're coming with me." Peter denied, wiping crimson blood from his lips.

"Just kill me!" Stiles said desperately. "Look, I don't care anymore." Peter pressed his claws into Stiles' neck, forcing him to stand. He drew back.

"Call your friend." He demanded. "Tell Jackson where they are. That's all you get."

"B-But how's he supposed to help both?" Stiles asked and Peter shrugged.

"It's his decision who he helps first." Stiles shook his head frantically, gulping nervously.

"No. He won't help Rori." Peter sighed and rolled his eyes, pulling Stile down to kneel next to Rori.

"Look." He pointed at Rori's neck which, along with blood, was dropping black ooze due to Peter being the alpha. "She's healing already."

"That doesn't look like healing." Stiles replied shakily as he cautiously laid a hand on her cheek, feeling her pale, sweaty skin and shallow, fast breathing and he became even more worried about her.

"It's either Jackson comes and collects them or no one does." Stiles nodded, pressing a kiss to Rori's forehead before he stood up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jackson dropped to his knees in front of Rori and Lydia. He stared at the wigs protruding from Rori's back and jumped when she grabbed his arm in a weak grip, his head turning to her quickly.

"W-What are you?" He asked with wide eyes.

"Get Lydia to help." She mumbled tiredly, with pain evidently lacing her voice.

"But what about you-?"

"I'll heal. Take Lydia. Now." She said firmly. He stared into her eyes for a moment before nodding. Rori breathed a sigh of relief and took her hand off Jackson. He scooped Lydia up in his arms, looking at Rori one last time, receiving the faintest not of confirmation before he was running to help.

Rori focussed her remaining energy into retracting her wings back into her skin so as not to arouse any suspicion from any passers-by. She could feel the continuous blood trickling down her neck and swallowed, a sharp pain stabbed at her causing her to gasp. Her breaths were quick. All she could do was lie there in pain, slowly regaining any strength she could.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't feel bad. If Lydia lives she'll become a werewolf." Peter told Stiles as if it were supposed to comfort him. "She'll be incredibly powerful."

"Yeah, and once a month, she'll go out of her freaking mind and try to tear people apart." Stiles replied.

"Well, actually, considering that she's a woman - twice a month." Stiles looked at him in disgust.

"And what about Rori huh?" Stiles asked.

"Well she should heal." Peter replied.

"Wait, should? What happened to she will heal!?" Stiles asked apoplectically with pure hatred.

"I've never cut an angel's throat. Who knows what could happen." Peter said with a smirk. Stiles tried to reign in belligerence. Knowing the alpha was deliberately trying to get a rise out of him so he kept him mouth shut, choosing instead to keep his eyes on the road.