A Vacation Romance

Play music*

It was sunset ; beginning of June. I did as Rin promised and went looking for him. The blood orange sky made my surroundings more dim than the bright blue skies.
"Rin?"
I call out for him, confused as to where he could be. When I walked out further I caught sight of his silhouette contrasting with the sun. I walked closer until I broke out into a slight run. I ran into his arms in a big embrace.
"Hey babe, did you have trouble finding me?"
"A little bit, but I found you didn't I?"
"I'm gonna be honest with you, I'm slightly nervous right now."
"Why? Is something wrong Rin?"
"That's the thing, having you by my side I feel no wrong. My only wrong is the fact that you're not forever mine yet."
"What do you mean of course I-"
"So,"
He grasped my hand and bent down on one knee. My heart dropped to my stomach. In that moment he had everything, even my breath.
"Will you be my forever?"
My vision got blurry from the sudden tears. I had no breath to speak words, I could only nod.
I could tell he couldn't hold back his excitement because he grabbed me and swung me around until we both got dizzy. It was the beginning of our lives. His tail was wagging like some super happy dog, it caused me to let out a giggle.
"I'm so happy I get to spend the rest of my life with you and this little guy."
He rubbed my belly.
"Or girl."
"Haha, yes or a girl. It's something that's very exciting."
He scooped me up into his arms and carried me back home.
"I didn't really see you as the super romantic type Rin. I'm really surprised right now."
"That's the whole point. The whole thing was a surprise. I can't tell you how long it took me to get Kuro away from the house. Good thing I found an excuse so great he won't be back until morning."
"Why would he have to be gone?"
"So we can be alone."
He set me down on our twin bed and started kissing my neck. His fangs itch slightly against my bare skin. He pulls my strap down my arm as he kisses me deeper.
"I love you so much."
"I love you Rin. Forever and ever."
The moment felt like something out of a love movie.
"Rin?"
He looks me in the eyes and plants a kiss on me.
"I hope I didn't make you marry me."
"How would you have made me?"
"Because of the baby."
"No, I love you so much and I love our baby. I need you and I can't live without you."
"Of all people that I could've run into that day on the roof, I'm glad it was you."
We kiss once more. And again. And again.
Our love reached a whole new level, a newer, stronger connection. He made me feel pure happiness and true joy that I have never truly felt before.
"Of all people who could've come into my life, I wouldn't have wanted it to be anybody else but you,"
I spoke sweet nothings in his ear. He meant so much to me, I didn't need anyone else. We were now laying bare next to one another. He held me close, as if I would slip away if he let go. He kissed me over and over I thought he would never stop.
  "Rin, you make me the happiest girl in the world," I told him sweetly.
   "That's the goal."
  He grabbed my hand and took me to the bath. We sat together mixed in bubbles and hot water. His arms held me tightly and kept me close.
"Are you relaxed (F/n)?"
I nodded slowly. It felt amazing to be with the person I love and our future baby. It was like a dream, I was living in the dream I've always wanted.
  I giggled slightly, "It's crazy to believe that earlier this year I was alone and to myself, and now, i'm about to become a wife and a mom with you."
  His smile widened and his grip around me tightened.
"Want me to grab you a towel?"
He stood up and went to grab a couple. After we dried, we slipped back into bed. He was attacking me with affection, almost smothering but, in a good way.
"Uhh (f/n)?"
"Yes Rin?"
He averts his eyes and his cheeks get pink, he looked like he was fighting the urge but losing horribly. He leaned down and whispered,
"Can I...um.."
I knew where it was going.
"Yes we can."
"It won't harm the baby?"
I giggled at his innocence.
"Of course not the baby's barely formed yet."
He smiled in relief and covered our entangled bodies in the blanket, making the rest of my night loving and passionate.