Chapter 34: Untitled

Warning: Bad language, violence and blood.

AUTHOR’S POV

As soon as the gun ends up sliding away from Marco’s hand, Zayn, Louis and Liam’s fears turn into relief. Despite the fact Harry Styles had just been shot and left alone on the ground to die, the three remaining boys from the band are elated to see the missing member came back alive.

Niall is holding Marco tight onto the ground and Louis decides to run to the gun, carefully avoiding what is left of Dan’s dead body resting near the wall. He grabs the gun and points it towards Richard.

“RICHARD!” Marco yells from underneath Niall, still trying to hold him tight onto the ground. “RICHARD HELP ME! GET HIM OFF OF ME!”

 Richard now knows he’s trapped. If he tries to catch Louis, he’s the one who’s going to get shot. If he tries to pull Niall away from Marco, same thing. The choices aren’t so various this time…

“Don’t you fucking move.” Louis says with his teeth clenched, lifting up the gun a little bit higher.

Richard looks frantically at Marco, Louis, Will and Harry. Hopeless, he turns around and runs through the door. 

“COWARD! YOU’RE JUST A FUCKING COWARD, RICHARD!” Marco yells at the top of his lungs, flabbergasted to see that his last hope to get out of here safe betrayed him.

But it isn't the end for Marco. Since the very beginning, he wanted to eliminate one very specific person, but this person came back, still alive. Marco thought that by now, Niall would've killed himself! But he's here. Right in front of him. Marco's desires to kill are just becoming even more alive and nothing is going to stop him this time.

The demon inside him wakes up, and unleashes all his stocked power and energy. Marco strongly grabs Niall by both shoulders and violently pushes him behind.

 Niall lands a meter away on his head, screaming out in pain. He doesn't even have time to wonder "how did he do that?!?!" that he faints, knocked out.

 Louis, sweating like never before, nervously points the gun up at Marco, who is walking up to him at a very not reassuring speed.

 "Stay away!" Louis shouts, shaking from every part of his body. "Stay the fuck away, you fucking bitch!"

Marco doesn't listen. He's not Marco anymore, he's a monster. All of his darkest demons have unleashed from the depths of his desires and possess his body. Nothing can stop him now. Nothing.

Louis sees Marco getting closer and closer as his finger twitches on the trigger. He can't pull it, he can't! He knows that Marco is going to kill everyone if he doesn't shoot him down now, but his body is frozen... His mind is yelling for him to do it, but his heart is categorically saying no, paralyzing his whole body. Marco was right, he's just a boy band member... he wouldn't hurt anybody and just deal with it... he can't just kill...

Marco is now two steps away from him. Louis has never been more scared in his whole entire life. 

"SHOOT HIM!!!" Zayn screams at the top of his lungs to wake Louis' body from paralysis. "SHOOT!!!!"

Harry from management wraps his right arm around Zayn's neck, making him choke. Zayn gasps and gargles as he grabs Harry's arm with both hands, trying to sneak his neck out of his grip, without success.

Louis only has the time to lock eyes with Liam and share this gaze that says everything. "I'm sorry"

Louis turns back to see Marco right in front of him. He holds the gun tighter into his hands, still pointlessly pointing it out at him. His fear reaches the top and his sweaty face only shows agony. Louis knows the end is there for him.