Chapter 29: Drunken Vision

WARNING: Bad language and sexual references.

NIALL’S POV

I’m literally exhausted. Seeing my best friends being complete retards, seeing that twat replacing me, getting caught sneaking backstage at my own band’s concert, Sam grounding me like I was 5… I’m done for tonight.

But for some reason, I feel like sleeping isn’t the best way to numb my pain tonight. Getting drunk is. Getting pissed drunk. This will make me feel better.

So Sam drops me at the hotel and I wait for him to be farther to, instead of walking in the hotel, walk down the street and head to the nearest bar. I just really want to forget about this horrible day.

I finally see the bar. I slowly walk up to it and immediately when I get in, I can smell the strong perfume of alcohol dominating the room. Loud music is hurting my eardrums and the heat fastly climbs to my head, but it satisfies me, because it’s how I want to feel.

With a smile growing on my face, I walk up to the counter and order a few drinks. I drink them slowly, not wanting to get drunk too fast. I’m sitting alone, the drink in my hand and sipping sometimes. It’s not as fun as when you get drunk with your friends…

As I sip my drink peacefully, I hear a very particular and loud laugh throughout the whole bar, dominating the loud music. At first it really hits me because… damn I know this laugh! I’ve heard it so many times!

But it’s impossible… well… can it? No. It can’t be. He wouldn’t be here… wouldn’t he??

Just when I turn around to prove myself it isn’t who I think it is, this very person runs up to me and throws himself on the stool next to me, still laughing his heart out.

My heart stops beating and I freeze. What should I do??? PANIC! EVERYBODY PANIC! NO! No, it would be the worst thing to do. Don’t panic, Niall, play it cool! Stay COOL!!!

Oh my God, I was right. Louis really is the person whose hysterical laugh belonged to…

LOUIS’ POV

Liam really pissed the fuck out of me earlier. And in addition of this unpleasant feeling Liam gave me, well, yeah, Harry reacted!

To be completely honest, I wish he would’ve reacted differently. It was really heartbreaking, I swear it tore my heart off. Harry just started screaming his head off because Liam and I were yelling at each other… Well I think it was the reason why?

Anyway, he yelled incomprehensible sentences and cried his heart out at our feet, begging us with his eyes to help him. He was almost convulsing, holding the ground firmly and he was breathing so heavily it made everything else even more incomprehensible. I can’t even put what I felt into words.

It’s like watching your friend dying, but you just can’t do anything to help them. It’s just… unsustainable. I just couldn’t, I had to help him. But… I couldn’t.