Chapter 26: Trouble

WARNING: This chapter contains bad language.

NIALL'S POV

The concert just ended up. The fans are starting to leave the arena, but I can't follow them. I'm standing here, my body still so overwhelmed by this whole "witness from a fan's eyes" experience. 

I'm stuck here, staring at the stage. My four best mates were there, I saw them, I heard them... but I couldn't reach them, and it killed me. 

Now I just feel hypnotized. I don't know what to do, or what I should do. I'm unable to move, too afraid I'll let an opportunity slip through my fingers... I can't just walk away like nothing happened! I came here to see the boys, to talk to them! I'm a part of that band and I deserve to be with my band mates! They just left like it was nothing, like it was not big deal. They definitely didn't know I was there... I want to talk to them so badly! But how, I'm alone now...

My thoughts are being blown away by two voices beside me. It's two girls, they're talking to each other and their conversation really catch my ear. 

"You still got the VIP passes?" the first girl asks. 

"Yes," the second girl replies. "They’re in my bag. I'm so excited to meet them backstage, it's going to be amazing!"

"Me too! I will finally be able to take a picture with them and touch them!"

"Me too!"

"We're total creeps... Haha!"

"Absolutely! But let's go now! I can't wait any longer!"

VIP. Backstage. Meet. What. Oh my God. Yes, yes! That's the only way to reach them how I wanted to!

These girls got VIP tickets to meet my friends and I haven't...but I can't miss that opportunity, not again. I may not have VIP tickets, I may have no more identity, I may be some kind of traitor and probably now a stranger to my friends, but I have to go my own way and clear things. I'm going to tell the world the true story.

Because after all, I'm not the traitor. Marco is. He was supposed to help the boys and I to progress. All he did is destroy something so precious by taken me away from it. He's the looser.

The girls walk past me and I wait for them to be farther enough to follow them. They zigzag through the empty seats of the arena, me following them from a moderated distance with a careful look, ready to get my reflexes out if they notice anything of my weird ways. 

The two girls suddenly disappear behind a big black curtain. I sit down on a seat and wait a few minutes to give them some time to get in to after walk in myself.

After few minutes passing by, I tiptoe to the black curtain. I separate them delicately and walk through the gap. Only a narrow horizontal hallway. Usually, security guards are protecting that part of the arena. Weird, there aren't any. 

On the wall in front of me is the door to get backstage. As there are not security guards, I decide to walk up very slowly to the door, grab the doorknob, and twist it. As I pull it toward me, the door cracks and I smile widely. The ecstasy of knowing I'll be able to talk to the boys is too much. It's almost too good to be real...