Chapter 10: It's all wrong

HARRY'S POV

It's 2:50am. It's been hours I'm lying in my bed. My eyes are closed, my body is exhausted, but my mind is completely awakened.

I can't stop thinking. Niall's face is always coming back in my mind. Twisted images pop up in my head and make me freak out. I imagine Niall tied up to a chair, or even lying on a freezing floor being beaten up. 

I even imagine his poor dead body resting in deadly places and his face covered with blood.

I don't know why but my brain keeps torturing me by imagining those horrible scenarios. I can't get one minute of sleep. My mind is filled up of those terrible images I create up. It's been four days I'm not sleeping well. I get about two hours of sleep every night. But tonight, it seems like I can't get only two minutes. Maybe because there's only two days left before the deadline Marco gave us? I don't know. I'm just so preoccupied by this whole Niall thing. I'm just so overwhelmed by everything. I can't think well.

I concentrate really hard to chase away these images and to try to sleep.

I guess it works because my mind is now empty and my breath is getting slower and deeper.

But suddenly I wake up with a jump, straight like a pole and sweating like I just went for a marathon. I look at the clock; it's 3am. It's only been 10 minutes I'm sleeping.

I just had the worst nightmare. Niall was yelling out my name for help, he was falling into some big volcano, and I was there, watching him fall. Niall looked at me with his blue puppy eyes and fell into the lava. I saw his body burn up, his flesh get off his bones and the blood flow out from everywhere. Niall's eyes jumped out their orbits and melted, just like his entire body. And all I was doing was watching him die.

I try to calm my heavy breathe and quickly grab my phone. I dial Louis' number.

"Hello..?" Louis' sleepy voice finally answers.

"Louis..." I whisper. "It's Harry. I can't sleep."

"What's wrong, Haz? Why can't you sleep?"

"Louis, it's been four days my brain is creating up some psycho scenarios and I have horrible nightmares." I explain, wiping away the sweat marks on my forehead. "I am so worried, Lou."

"For what?" Louis says.

He seems to get the half of what I'm saying. He was probably sleeping like a baby while I was killing myself with those thoughts.

"For Niall..." I murmur into the phone. "I can't wrap my head around the idea he got kidnapped or something... Why didn't they take us? Like take anybody but Niall! He's so pure... He's like a child..."

"We're all as worried as you, Haz." Louis replies.

He seems to be awake now. His voice is really calm and I can tell he's trying to comfort me and make me feel better.

"We're all worried and it's not easy for us either. But you have to trust the police. They're doing their job right and they'll find him."