You look like crap

Chapter 15

You look like crap

Comatose-Skillet

I hear voices in the darkness, it sounds as though someone is crying and I wonder what is going on. I try and open my eyes and find it impossible. I try and try to open my eyes but I can’t, after a few more useless tries, I give up and let the darkness over take me.

*************

I find myself once again surrounded in darkness but there is a speck of light, dim but still there. I run toward it and dive into the glowing light.

My eyes flutter open and light floods my eyes, stinging them. I wait for them to adjust to the light, and then scan my surroundings. I am in my room in the mansion; Chogan is sitting in a chair next to my bed, his hand intertwined with mine as he sleeps soundly. I push myself up to lean against the head board, trying to figure out what happen. It comes to me as the door silently opens and Honey peaks her head inside.

She smiles at me and comes into the room, taking a seat next to me on the bed, “I see your awake, how are you feeling?”

I smile at her, “I’m ok, just a little groggy. How long have I been out?”

“Three day, he has hardly left our side he feels so guilty.” she says nodding to Chogan who is still sleeping soundly.

“Why does he feel guilty? It’s my fault I know better than to keep it all in.” I ask confused.

“He knows he made you upset, so he blames himself for your episode.” She hugs me and stands.

“I’ll let you get some sleep.” she smiles at me one last time and exit’s the room closing the door softly behind her.

“Chogan.” I whisper tugging his hand, trying to wake him up.

His eyes flutter open and widen when he sees me awake.

He jumps up, “Do you need anything? I can get Honey, are you hunger? I could get you something!” he doesn’t give me time to answer any of his questions.

I shake my head and tug his hand again pulling him toward the bed. “Come lay down with me you look horrible.”

Which is true, dark smudges are smeared under his eyes and his skin is pale. He reluctantly slips under the covers next to me practically hanging off the edge of the bed. I pull his hand, urging him closer until he is hugging me from behind.

 “That’s better.” I mutter before closing my eyes and drifting into dreamland.