Showdown

Chapter 22

Showdown

Showdown-The blackeyed peas

Half an hour later everyone is down stairs and ready to go. Everyone is dressed in black and knives are strapped to everyone’s waist. The special knife Chogan has to use to kill Alana is tucked in his wrist holster. I finger my special emerald encrusted sword; it’s made for the Chosen one. I’ve never used it but I hope it might bring me good luck.

“Everyone ready?” I look at everyone.

They nod, “Ok get in a circle and hold hands.”

We circle up and I step in the center.

“I love you…” Chogan whispers.

I blink back tears, “I love you too. Please be careful.”

He nods and looks away. I see Ky squeeze Honey’s hand, and Nick says a quick prayer under his breath. Taking a deep breath I concentrate on getting us to the Shadow Kingdom. I close my eyes mutter the words and clap. There is a tingling in the pit of my stomach then nothing. Opening my eyes, I look around the circle to make sure everyone is here.

“You guys know the plan, good luck and be careful.” I whisper before walking away.

 As I walk toward the big black castle, I feel no fear, and surprisingly I’m pretty calm. Mist rolls over the moot and I roll my eyes. It looks like some creepy abandoned castle you see in scary movies. I walk over the bridge and the front doors open by themselves. I walk in and find the butler waiting for me.

“This way.” He says stiffly before heading off.

I follow him through the maze like halls, it is eerily silent. He stops at the end of the hall and opens the huge doors. The King sits in a golden chair, covered in rubies, emeralds, and diamonds. Alana sits next to him. I hide my shock when I see the Shadow King, I expected some dark haired and dark eyes man, and instead I find the Shadow King to be fair skinned, blonde haired and blue eyed. He sees me and flashes me an award winning smile.

He stands, “Welcome, you must be Aura.”

I spread my hands out, “The one and only.”

Alana scowls at me and his father frowns at her, “Lana don’t be rude, stand and greet our guest.”

“Yes, Lana, stand and greet me.” I say in a sugary sweet voice.

She glares at me and stands, “Watch your tone bitch.”

I chuckle, “Yes ma’am.”

She snarls and starts toward me; her father grabs her arm, whispers something in her ear and pushes her toward the door. Tossing her hair over her shoulder and rams into me because leaving, slamming the door closed behind her. The King glazes at me with amusement in his eyes.

“It is not smart to provoke her.” He slowly walks toward me.

I stand my ground, “I can handle her.”

He chuckles and looks me up and down, “I’m sure you can. However, I think the real question is, can you handle me?”

Looking him dead in the eyes, I chuckle airily, “Of course.”

He stops in front of me and smirks, “Then I’m guessing you’re ready.”

He pulls out his sword and brings it down toward my face. I unsheathe my sword and block his, sparks leap into the air. 

“I’m always ready, My Lord.” I say mockingly before pushing him back and releasing my wings.