Somethings are better left unsaid

Chapter 12

Something’s are better left unsaid

Complicated- Robin Thicke

http://www.youtube.com/watchv=abWD7EKD7Gs

Honey comes up behind me and starts helping me put glass out of my arms, legs, and back. I notice Chogan silently get up and leave, heading toward the forest. I watch him go deciding to give him some time. Honey and I quickly finish removing all of the glass and I start to heal. Ky is sweeping the floor, when Nick walks in the door.

He looks around and then at Ky, “What happened?”

Ky quickly explains what happened and when he is done Nick looks at me, “Are you alright?”

I nod, “I just need to change clothes.” I say and gesture to my ripped, bloodstained clothes.

I climb up the stairs, discard my ruined clothes and quickly take a shower, picking the last few pieces of glass out of my body. I jump out, dry myself carefully because I am still healing and get dressed.

I decide to go look for Chogan, I send Honey a text so she doesn’t get worried, put my shoes on, and walk toward the forest.

Weaving in and out of the trees, I climb over fallen tree limbs, and stare at the stars. I come to the clearing with the lake, I had come across the other day. I see Chogan laying on his back starring at the stars. I walk up and sit down next to him.

We sit in silence for a while just looking at the stars.

“When I was little, I dreamed about fairies and Princesses. I’ve always been a dreamer; I use to dream about Angels and Werewolves. Then I grew up and stopped thinking about fairy tales and when I died and I found out everything was real, I was excited, then I saw how torn some worlds are with each other. About month ago, I was catch in the Siren and Mermaid war it was horrible so many die, and for what? For power, greed, money, so many people die for no reason, for nothing. Houses burned, children lost, dying, and crying, so much war, for stupid things.” I bow my head.

“I did not ask for this job, sometimes I don’t even want it. But being able to help people find themselves makes it worth it, because I know a little too well what it’s like to be lost.” I pull my knees into in chest and rest my head on them.

“After your done helping me, will I ever see you again?” His voice is low and venerable.

I close my eyes, “I’m not sure.”

“So if anything ever happened with us, there is probably little chance of there being an “us”.” He doesn’t bother asking because he knew the answer.

“You deserve better, I have a messed up job and a lot of baggage. Besides you barely even know me.” I say starring at the lake.

“Of course why would you want to be with me you’re an angel, I’m sure there are a bunch of perfect guys waiting for you.” he mutters angrily, standing up.

I stand up too, “I didn’t mean it like that.”

He turns his back and starts to walk away, “Save it I should know by now all of you girls are the same.”

He whips around and faces me, “So was it your plan to use me or did I just set myself up for it?”

“What are you talking about?” I search his eyes taking to figure out what he was thinking; trying to understand what was going on.

“The kisses and the crying, were you that lonely, did you think it was funny to play with my heart? Did you do it just so that when you leave I would be more broken then I already am?”

I shake my head, “I didn’t use you! I didn’t mean for the kisses to happen, but I don’t regret it. I’m not trying to lead you on.”

He shakes his head, “You’re an angel, you know everything, you knew that I liked you from the moment I saw you tied to that stupid chair, I felt something. You knew I was starting to fall for you.” He laughs cruelly.

“I’m such an idiot, I should have learned the first time.” He walks up and gets in my face.

“All women are lying, evil, conniving bitc…”  He doesn’t get to finish his sentence because I raise my hand and slap him.

The sound of my hand hitting his cheek echoes through the forest.

“Don’t you dare say another word, how dare you? You asshole! Just because she was a bitch doesn’t mean every other woman is. Don’t you ever put me in the same category as her.” I growl at him.

I shake my head and walk away, then I turn back, “Did it ever occur to you that I was falling for you too? No I guess it didn’t because you’re so stuck on her nothing else matters.”

I stomp away trying to hold back tears. In the past couple days I have cried more then I have in the last couple months. I don’t know what happened to me but I have to get a grip.