Chapter 14 - A Beautiful Friendship 1

“So you came?” Karin said as Sakura walked inside the school yard.

“Is that surprising?” Sakura asked.

“Nope, just glad that you decided to come back.”

“I was always here.”

        Karin grinned happily as she walked ahead of Sakura. She suddenly stopped and turned around to face Sakura. With an innocent face she asked, “Will you be my friend?”

Sakura was expressionless. As Karin stared at her anxiously, she sighed. “Fine, I will be your friend.”

“Hooray!” Karin cheered.

“Please don’t embarrass yourself.”

“I am happy because I just made a friend so it doesn’t matter.”

“You’re weird.”

“And you’re friends with this weirdo.”

       Sakura laughed, “I guess nothing is wrong with that. If I am friends with a weirdo, that means I am one too.”

“I guess so.” Karin walked backwards as she looked at Sakura, then she glanced up at the sky. “It is so beautiful, isn’t it?”

         Karin was referring to the clear blue sky along with the cherry blossoms that hovered as they fell to the ground silently.

“It really is beautiful,” Sakura agreed as she looked into the direction Karin was looking at.

“I wonder if we can have a friendship as beautiful as this scenery,” Karin thought out loud.

“Who knows? Only the future can tell…”

             Karin looked at Sakura who stared out into space. Somehow, her expression softened as she smiled lightly. Karin thought it was something nice to see as Sakura was cold to her last time.

“You should smile more often,” Karin told her. When she said that, Sakura wiped the smile off her face.

“I will smile when I want to,” Sakura said as she placed her hand in her skirt pocket before walking off.

“Oh come on! You looked pretty when you smiled.”

“Then count it has lucky because I won’t be smiling again.”

“Is that so?” Karin looked over at Sakura from behind, as her lips formed into a devious smile.

       Karin crept up behind Sakura and when she thought the time was right, she stretched out her arms. With a bit of hesitation she tickled Sakura in her side. It is a success! She cheered. She looked up expecting a burst of laughter but instead her eyes were greeted with a stern glare.

“Sorry to burst your bubbles but I am not afraid of tickles,” Sakura said with her arms folded in front of her.

“Ohh…That really is disappointing,” Karin added feeling embarrassed.

“Stop playing around. The bells will ring soon.”

“Okay then…”

        Sakura walked off and Karin followed lifelessly as she held her head down. Sakura peeked at her from the corner of her eyes then she sighed.

“I look forward to having a future friendship with you. Hopefully every day will be filled with excitement and interesting things,” Sakura said.