Chapter 7 - Red Eyes

           The man that was dressed in the black trench cloak disappeared before their eyes.

            “What was that?” Sakura and Karin heard a familiar voice asked.

       The two girls looked around in the midst of the confusion, only to see Kisami and Mei behind them. They looked just as confused as they were.

            “What was that?” Kisami asked again.

            “We would like to know the same thing,” Karin replied.

             “There is no doubt about it; it was a vampire,” Sakura added.

            “You’re just saying that because you have a vampire fetish,” Karin said.

            “Don’t try to deny it. How often do you see someone with glowing red eyes?”

     Karin did not reply.

             “Then vampires are real?” Mei asked uncertainly.

             “You better believe it,” Sakura answered with a grim smile.

      Mei’s expression turned blue and so did Kisami who shivered in fear.

             “I-impossible!” Kisami denied. “Vampires aren’t real. It’s all a myth!”

        The people around looked heavily at Kisami after her sudden eruption. She fell to her knees and started to cry in frustration. The people mumbled amongst themselves, as they thought something was wrong with her. Mei helped Kisami to stand up and the other girls quickly moved away from the scene, since Kisami had drawn too much attention towards them.

      They parted their ways eventually. Kisami was taken home first, as she was scared while Mei went home afterwards, then Sakura and Karin went to the Meadows’ residence together.

            “My parents aren’t home,” Karin said as she read the note.

                                “Prepare something for yourself to eat.

                              We went out to get dinner. Mom and Dad.”

           “Where have they gone?” Sakura asked.

            “Date; that is weird.”

             “Really? I guess they want to re-kindle the fire.”

  Karin laughed, “Seriously?”

          “Why else would middle-aged parents go out on a date? But I don’t think that counts for your parents since they look so young.”

            “I guess so,” Karin added as she trailed off into her thoughts.

           “They really look young,” Sakura said. “I hope I don’t lose my looks when I reach their age. I am afraid of getting old.” Sakura said this, as she cupped her face and felt her face for any wrinkles. She sighed with relief as her skin was still as smooth as a baby’s bottom.

             “Now…,” Sakura’s tone was becoming stern, “about that-”

 Karin cut her off. “I don’t want you to utter a word about vampires. I don’t even want you to say the word,” she said in a serious tone.