Chapter 12 - Guilty or Innocent

Enjoy! ^.^

                         Chapter 12 - Guilty or Innocent

“Oh, it’s you,” Miss Hime said as she breathed a sigh of relief.

“What would you have done if it wasn’t me?” Sakura’s neighbour asked.

    Miss Hime held down her head unsure of what she would have done if someone else had caught her in that position. It would be hard to explain herself, if that had happened. Karin sensed that something was wrong. Was he taking Miss Hime’s side? It looked that way to her.

“You need to be more careful of your actions. Don’t let it happen again,” he warned.

“Y-yes,” Miss Hime added in a low voice.

       Karin observed the behaviour between the two and she confirmed that this man had some power over Miss Hime based on the way she reacted when he spoke with her. In the end, she had an accomplice who seemed to be the mastermind who was closer than she thought. She even let him into Sakura’s house.

       She cursed herself for her stupid mistake which she should have realized before. However, she had no evidence to prove he was guilty as well, but the fact that he had power over Miss Hime had a part to play in getting closer towards the truth.

       Karin remained silent after her discovery. There was no way to run and hide; instead she had to lie there in bondage as she watched the two adults conversed with each other.

“She is not telling the truth and it makes me angry,” Miss Hime said with furrowed brows.

“As if a murderer would reveal his intentions; unless he is a fool.”

“I know but…She’s behaving snobby and confident as if she saying I won’t get the truth out of her.”

      The man laughed briefly under his breath. Miss Hime raised her eyebrows questionably as she was sure she did not give any joke.

“Don’t mind me,” he said.

      Miss Hime looked at him from the corner of her eyes in confusion. From the moment they met that night in the park until now, she never understood his actions. At times he would laugh or smile out of term, which she found very weird. Then there was another time he was serious and rather secretive. As she thought about it more, she came to a realization that she did not know him very well.

      All she knew was that he has been helpful to her all this time in finding her fiancée’s killer. Thinking back, she noticed something was missing and that was the criminal’s face. That’s right, she thought, she did not remember seeing the face of the murderer at all. Her life survivor told her it was Karin, but Miss Hime was unsure about that. The only way to find out was to remember what happened that night alone.

       She closed her eyes as she recollected the memories inside her head.

                                      **********************************

         A paled skin young lady with shimmering long hair drove a dagger into her fiancée’s neck. Miss Hime gasped. Her lover fainted on the cold pavement in the night and she watched helplessly as the woman removed the knife from his neck, only to pierce it into his heart multiple times. As if not satisfied she went for his arms and legs as well.

      Without hesitation she kicked him in his stomach. Tears fell down Miss Hime’s cheeks and soon after, she was shouting out from the top of her lungs.