Chapter 6 - Differentiating Reality

Made it long!  Don't be afraid to point out my mistakes or tell me what you think. Enjoy my dear readers.

                                   Chapter 6 -  Differentiating Reality

March 25, 2009

                   It was three days before Sakura could see Karin. Karin’s condition had improved now, making her capable of going to school. She also accepted her trauma, but it would still take awhile before she could fully recover, and the only way to do that, was for her to the classroom without being afraid.

      Her parents took her to school and they followed her, to her classroom. Hesitantly, she reached for the doorknob, as she stood in front of the door.

           “You can do it, darling,” her mother encouraged.

            “Just take your time,” her father said.

       With their words of encouragement, she smiled. She took a deep breath in, then out. When she pulled the knob, she cautiously stepped into her classroom.

        The students in the class looked heavily at Karin, which made her felt uncomfortable. Her ears opened, to the sound of cheers. She looked up and saw the teacher along with her classmates smiling at her. Karin smiled, and then she walked towards her seat, at the back of the class.

      Her heart pounded, as she reached near her desk, but then she heard Sakura’s voice, “It’s okay; you don’t have to force yourself. There is always next time.”    

    Karin looked over at Sakura who exchanged a weak smile. Suddenly, Karin had the courage to walk to her desk. She closed her eyes tightly and before you know it, she was standing by her chair.

   The students, teacher and her parents, together with Sakura, cheered loudly as she conquered her fear.

           “Well done,” Sakura said.

           “I did it,” Karin added with teary eyes.

     Her parents nodded reassuringly with each other and then with the teacher, before leaving, after they saw that everything was okay.

          “Will she be alright, now?” Sato asked.

           “For now, she will,” Akira replied faintly.

      “We need to start preparing. I can feel his presence.” He said this when he suddenly felt someone watching him. He looked around, but it was only a male teacher walking by in the hallway.

      “He would have attacked us by now, don’t you think? What is delaying him?” Akira asked bringing back Sato’s attention to her.

              “Ah, he must be gathering his army. Why do you think he is killing people?”

              “That is true. We should definitely make a move now.”

             “I guess you can’t keep your promise to Karin,” Sato said, with worry.

           “There is nothing I can do; unless we go hunting tonight to find him,” Akira added, avoiding the look on her husband’s face.

            “That’s our only option.” He sighed with the thought of this. “Was this the only way?” he asked himself. There would be a disadvantage, and this would affect his daughter, but he was willing to take the risk.

       Akira glanced at him then she frowned. “Is that what you are thinking?”

        Sato’s eyes met hers.