Chapter eighteen

She thought he could flirt

Chapter eighteen:

Jasmine took the sandwich from the guy behind the counter and she smiled before turning around and looking for Jason. She was now on her fourth month of pregnancy that was going to end in a week, her stomach grew bigger and she smiled at Jason who was gulping down his burger.

“I feel fat,” he stated as he leant back into the chair. Jasmine that was now sitting on the chair opposite to him, chuckled with a mouth full of food.

“geez, I guess why” she teased and took another bite. He grinned and winked before saying,” I got triple what a pregnant woman bought”

She rolled her eyes,” take care, you’re on the dangerous path of obesity”

“it’s not a sickness.” He spat lightly, she laughed slightly

“no seriously, I don’t judge a person by how many pounds he is” he explained, she nodded, convinced with what he was saying.

A long moment passed with her eating when he asked,” you heard from Martino?”

Jasmine’s eyes flew to his before she dropped the sandwich and sighed,” no, ever since he came over, I haven’t seen him once”

“that means, a month” he completed, she shrugged.

“I think you should tell him the truth. I mean, what will happen to you and your baby if he falls in love with another person?”

Jasmine flinched and imagined him kissing another girl, touching her… making her pregna—

She covered her mouth,” I’m going to be sick” she muttered before running to the restroom.

Jason was standing as she ran, a concerned look was on his face. She didn’t deserve all what was happening. He already decided a while back that if Martino doesn’t remember her before she gives birth, Jason will propose and raise the kid himself.

~

Gasper looked at Bianca and they smiled awkwardly at Martin who was watching the television, his eyes seemed lost and not following what was happening.

“Dude, what do you want to do today?” Gasper asked after clearing his throat, Martin didn’t even turn his head to look at the speaker, he kept staring at the television.

“Okay” Gasper said expanding the word. Suddenly, Martin turned to face him and said curiously,

“You’re family, right?” Gasper nodded feeling the excitement radiating off him and his wife.

“So you must know who I know” Martin stated thoughtfully, Gasper sulked back against the couch as he nodded

“Do you know who Jasmine is? Did I know her when I was alive—“he clenched his jaw,”—when I remembered everything?”

Gasper watched Martin with wide eyes before looking at Bianca who was now guarding her husband with a worried look on her face while rubbing her baby’s back.

“I- I don’t really remember her” he said, wiping his palms against his jeans

Martin narrowed his eyes,” you know something you’re not telling me”

“Do you see her?” Gasper retorted, Martin shook his head,” she’s supposedly engaged. I can’t keep seeing her if she’s pregnant and engaged”

Gasper looked at his wife again; she was frowning just like him.

“You like her?” Gasper croaked, Martin’s head flew upwards.