Chapter thirteen

This chapter is all about our saucy bartender.

you've all been asking about his past but I was keeping all the secrets for this chapter and the next one.

I hope you like this and find it realistic since I did my research before writing this chapter and i assure you everything is possible even if it's hard to believe.

And in the end of this chapter you'll realise that the age gap between Jasmine and Martin is not little, I don't care lol, it's not like he's fourty.

last but not least, enjoy and I'll be updating again tomorrow.

Muffin

She thought he could flirt

Chapter thirteen:

Martin’s fingers got out a cigarette from his leather jacket’s pocket before lighting it and taking a breath.

He was standing in a dark alley opposite to his friend’s building.

Well, at least he hopes that guy still remembers him, they did go through a lot of things together, but Martin did the mistake, he left his friend when he needed him, he escaped and didn’t come back.

He ruined everything.

At the back of his mind, Jasmine was being shut out. It already tortured him how a week ago he watched her take the I-pod from the random guy he used as if she lost a part of her heart. He can’t afford thinking about her now, he needs to survive this.

The problems he went through when he was… rather important are never going to be wiped away. He might do some time, he might have to pay and live in prison…

He might be killed even.

He messed with the big boss and that was the number one rule to ‘not’ do.

He took another long drag before exhaling and closing his eyes slightly, he can do this. He can go up the stairs and knock on the door he had knocked on countless times before and he could hug the man behind the door like he always did, kiss his friend’s wife’s cheek and carry their baby girl.

They’re his friends, they should, would, welcome him.

But how could they, he thought angrily

He did the unthinkable leaving him like that. His friend might not even be alive.

Martin opened his eyes again and watched the building as if it was the most interesting thing he yearned to do for a while.

He was fighting off the memories from rushing back since he worked so hard to lay low and disappear, start fresh as a nobody and delete all important records about him and his ‘achievements’. He can’t reopen everything after they’ve been done.

He can’t.

He took another long drag.

How strange, life just changes without any warnings. One day he was drowning in pretense, the other, he was making love to the girl he fell in love with.

What about the girl before that? What about that girl whom he left just like he did with everyone else?

Could she be still thinking about him? Or she got over him?

Maybe she got married to her neighbor whom she liked.

He groaned desperately

The months he spent around Jasmine made him forget all about his past. He kept running and then he met her, standing there, in her brown hair and beautiful body’s glory, with a smile that made his heart race and she simply leaned over the bar and asked him about her pink haired friend.