Chapter fourteen

She thought he could flirt

Chapter fourteen:

As Gasper drove to the restaurant, they weren’t talking. Martino, being in a position that only reinforced the past to storm into his mind, started remembering the day he realized his life will change.

“Sup dad, mom said you’re asking for me” I said.

“Yes, Martin. We need to talk. Sit down” he told me. I was just talking to Lily and we were deciding on going to her dad’s cottage when mom called my name and told me dad needed me. This shocked me, my father loved me and he proved it but he never actually bothered with ‘talking’ about stuff with me, so I was worried. Maybe he heard of that day I tried smoking weed with the guys, or the time I punctured our principle’s car wheels or oh god, he might know that I was now addicted to Marijuana.

“You know son, Life is never easy—“ my father started and I knew if I didn’t show him that he should get to the point, he’ll just keep on rambling on and on about nonsense and that was when I told him,” dad, cut to the chase. I know you have something important to say, so just tell me.”

My father sighed before he rubbed his temples and then he opened his drawers before getting out a bulky folder which was thrown to me.

I grabbed it ignorantly and raised my eyebrow,” dad?” I asked

“This is a folder holding the information regarding a very tricky situation we’ve been trying to solve for a very long time. We’ve discovered we’ll have to do some dirty work if we ever want to reach the bottom of this” he said and I still had no clue what it had to do with me

He seemed to understand my lost expression since he sighed and explained,” we need you, son. To go in their spot, prove yourself, have an alias, live another life and know who the big head is. We need to take them down once and for all.”

I stayed watching him before I snickered,” dad, I’m only nineteen, I just finished my first year in college, and don’t you think it’s a little… rash?”

Dad turned angry suddenly and he spat,” I am the head of the FBI, Martino! Don’t you think I would know if I was doing something ‘rash’?”

I stood there silent before gulping down and saying,” what do I have to do to be this person? Dad,-“I leant over his desk pleadingly,” – I am too young for something as serious as this”

My father surprised me by laughing and then he said,” I trust you”

He trusted Martin.

“A table for three please” Gasper said as the garcon led them inside the restaurant to a table in the corner. They sat together around the circular shaped table and then a silent minute passed.

“So what were you saying before?” Gasper asked frowning

Martino nodded and said,” I have information-“his friends’ eyes widened,” dangerous information that exposed who the leader was.”

Gasper hissed a curse before rubbing his face,” Damn, Martin. What other surprises were you planning to tell us?”

Martin shrugged,” I’m engaged”

Bianca shrieked happily before jumping off the chair and enveloping him in a hug. Gasper laughed slightly but he was still shocked.

Bad boy, Martino. You lied.

Well, not really, he was planning on going back to her and legally spending his life with her. He knew this decision was there ever since he felt the love towards her and that was why the phrase was true. Maybe there was no engagement ring around his finger, but there’s an engagement rope around his heart.